Choose a repair kit with wax applicator sticks. Trex decking resists termites, won't rot, warp, or splinter-and never needs staining or painting. We contacted Trex and even though we weren't the original purchaser of the boards, they still gave us nearly $3000. How to Replace a Fascia Board. Attach fascia … Warped decking – How to fix bowed garden decks. After all, your time outdoors shouldn’t be spent sanding, scraping and staining – it should be spent sitting on your deck enjoying the view. Trex - Warping Fascia Boards - How to Fix Jun 28, 2018 Pissed 28 Jun 2018 Trex review rated 5.0/5.0 with Images: Our Trex deck is great, but the fascia boards have warped badly. Trex products offer superior durability and performance that you can't get from wood. Set a length of fascia board in the vise of the power miter box. Location: 3229 Shawnee Dr, Winchester, VA 22602, USA. How to Replace a Fascia Board: Remove Damaged Fascia Board: Use a flat pry bar to remove the damaged fascia … but we were to keep in mind that this cleaning process would lighten the. What's more, Trex … If so, your job is easier. Change a rotten or damaged FASCIA board. The jacks adjust to the slope of your yard, and the plywood pads keep the wheels from sinking. I have read and agree to the Pissed Consumer. I think it may be an installation issue. Our content is free because we may earn a commission if you purchase products after clicking ads on our website. It was very easy. If you’ve left your decking maintenance for too long you might find the boards have warped, something that happens when the deck hasn’t been adequately weather treated. I have read and agree to the Pissed Consumer. 2Many homeowners enjoy having a wood or composite deck even though owning ... flaking paint or wood stain causes uneven patches in your deck's coloring. Pick an end to start with and insert the pry bar between the warped board and its neighbor. Trex review from Winchester, Virginia rated 5.0/5.0 with Images: Our Trex deck is great, but the fascia boards have warped badly. Contact Review Author as Verified Representative, Business Solutions For Verified Company Representatives, Pissed Consumer © 2020 All Is anyone out there still having problems with Trex - not only the product . The Trex company recommends washing the deck with a deck brightening product that contains oxalic or phosphoric acid. It’s like the fascia installed beneath your home’s roof, but serving a different purpose. As for any decking, allow a 1/4-inch gap between the decking and the house. If there is a fix, I would like to hear about it. We have the edge on your deck. EILEEN O of Arlington Heights, IL. I think it may be an … Trex recommends the use of Starborn® DeckFast® Fascia System, SplitStop™ Fascia Screws or Simpson Strong-Tie® Fascia Board Screws, for all composite Trex fascia profiles. Great Comment! Hence why it’s best to just remove and replace it and then fix directly to a solid and reliable structure such as a roof rafter. Even on perfectly square corners, 45-degree angles won't always yield perfect miters. I think it may be an installation issue. Trex had bad boards that were produced in their Nevada plant - like between 2004 and 2007. Thank You for Your Reply! I think it may be an installation issue. Trex decking resists termites, won't rot, warp, or splinter-and never needs staining or painting. Mark M of Tallahassee, FL. Trex - Warping Fascia Boards - How to Fix Oct 17, 2019 @ Pissed Consumer Wall corners can be built up with corner bead and compound, and window and door frames can slightly protrude or be recessed behind surrounding drywall. Generally, soap and water is all that … Cut the first piece of trim to fall just past the center of a stud so the second, overlapping trim piece can be fastened to the center of the stud. Private messages do not impact your company rating. Carol.. wolf is a very good product. You can try to reach review author by writing a comment to the review or try one of our business solutions. Step 4-Prepare the new fascia, before securing it to the home. Rent a rolling scaffold for soffit repair work. Otherwise, rip the board to fit and attach it to a 1-inch-square block of wood. We purchased a home in 2014 with a deck that had these disintegrating boards. Trex - Warping Fascia Boards - How to Fix, If you wish that your prior post be removed, submit a notarized letter. You don't need to be a construction expert in order to repair a rotting fascia board on your roof line. Simple and fast. The Deck Devil™ was designed and developed by a deck building contractor for other builders - just like you! Would You Like to Convert It Into Review? Look up consumer affairs and read all the horrible reviews about trex. The roofers replaced some fascia and put new drip edge around the new wood. When it comes to finishing the sides of your deck, nothing beats the beauty, durability and low maintenance of high-performance Trex ® Fascia and stair risers–now available to match every one of our Trex decking lines, and for the first time ever, a go-with-anything high-performance white.. Where To Buy Trex Fascia board supports the outer edge of the roof overhang and provides a border for the eaves, or soffit. It is usually constructed of 1-by-8 or 1-by-10 boards. There are also wood/plastic boards, like Trex… Over time, these boards may start to rot or need to be … 1. Private messages do not impact your company rating. Our facia warped within 4 weeks of installation. There are many new products on the market which are great replacements for your home. For near water applications, you can also use Fascia System HeadCote® stainless steel screws… However, it’s important to make sure your deck is safe and structurally sound before using it. We have the same problem. I have attached pictures of the problem I am seeing all around the deck. 6 Trerx.comet1x-.8m1e TREX TRANSCEND®, TREX ENHANCE®, AND TREX SELECT® CARE AND CLEANING GUIDE All exterior building materials require cleaning. What is the correct way to adhere the outer facing boards? Step 4-Prepare the new fascia, before securing it to the home. Summer is upon us and the outdoor living season is in full bloom. Hence why it’s best to just remove and replace it and then fix … Rights Reserved, You Are About to Contact PissedConsumer.com. Set the end of the board 1/2 inch past the tip of the miter box blade. Our Trex deck is great, but the fascia boards have warped badly. The problem of deck boards cupping is common but it should not be happening! Step 2 - Removing the Warped Board. Trex review from Tallahassee, Florida rated 1.0/5.0: We built a new large deck framed of pressure treated wood wrapped with trex decking and trex 1x8'' fascia with in one year this product warped… Generally, soap and water is all that is required to clean Transcend, Fascia refers to a band or ribbon of wood or other material that borders the deck below its surface line. Wrapping the support posts with an aluminum or vinyl cover can be a nice finishing touch to conceal the posts and also to protect them from the sun. Resins leach out of the surface of Trex decking, leaving small gaps where the sawdust (part of the composite) is exposed to the air and moisture, which results in a nasty black mildew that you cannot … 3) Guarantee – The guarantee that is typically offered with a fascia installation will not cover the sub-structure, ie the old fascia that the new plastic is secured/nailed to. Tilt the head of a power miter box to a 45-degree angle. Over time, these boards may start to rot or need to be replaced due to damage. The rest of the deck looks great, no other issues. 3) Guarantee – The guarantee that is typically offered with a fascia installation will not cover the sub-structure, ie the old fascia that the new plastic is secured/nailed to. I asked the handyman to not only replace the rotten fascia with new wood but also replace the old drip edge eaves strip with new metal. Unless the nails are visibly popping out you will need to apply force in order to remove the boards. Use three fasteners, equally spaced across the width of the fascia board at the top, … If you’re lucky, the fascia board will be in good shape. Would You Like to Convert It Into Review? In neighborhoods all across the country, people are using their backyard decks for grilling, sunbathing and entertaining, day and night. Username and password will be sent to you via email. Repair rotten fascia boards before the problem spreads to your rafter ends. How to Replace a Fascia Board. ! Write a private message as Trex verified representative. How To Fix Warped Wood Table Top View Woodworking Projects 08 Nov 2020 ( Step-By-Step Blueprints) | How To Fix Warped Wood Table Top Lifetime Monthly Plans! The fascia is rotten and the buyer wants it replaced before he closes. Review #1290918 is a subjective opinion of Trex is a horrible product and rots molds and mildews since it has wood fibers inside of it. Trex decking problems - Forum - Bob Vila 27 Apr 2008 . Sand the scratch with a scratch repair pad or applicator tool. Hardie plank is a cement board product that is a favorite among home inspectors for exteriors. Choose the wax that most closely matches the color of your Trex decking. Trex - Warping Fascia Boards - How to Fix Jun 28, 2018 Pissed 28 Jun 2018 Trex review rated 5.0/5.0 with Images: Our Trex deck is great, but the fascia boards have warped badly. Our deck has been installed for about 5 years. When fastening, always leave a 1/8” gap between the top of the fascia and the bottom of the deck boards. Trex, when used with a hidden fastener system, is very unforgiving when trying to install over uneven joist work. I’m actually surprised you got quotes with trex being more expensive. There are also wood/plastic boards, like Trex… Warping fascia. Write a private message as Trex verified representative. If you want your response It's a compact telescopic clamping device that attaches to any hand held drill (3/8" chuck size or larger) that pulls or pushes - practically anything - anywhere! Is anyone out there still having problems with Trex - not only the product . In some places, the fascia boards warped to such an extent that the … It's hot dip galvanized to handle the abuse it's going to get and powder coated in a distinctive red color. You will be able to edit the text before publishing. Fascia boards are found around the edges of your roof and usually support your home's rain gutter system. Because most deck frames are not perfectly level, you may need to make some adjustments to create the appearance of an even deck surface. Repairing Fascia Boards. It can also occur when the weather has been particularly bad. In most cases, and roof line will start to sag when the soffit and fascia … Review #1609718 is a subjective opinion of You will be able to edit the text before publishing. Where ends of trim meet, join them just like wood: Create “scarf joints,” that is, overlapping 45-degree joints. We are processing your message. In some places, the fascia boards warped to such an extent that the screws . Product or Service Mentioned: From what you are describing there could be a few different reasons why your deck is acting the way it is, and the most likely cause is the way the boards are nailed down. can i put deck boards over plywood - … Trex products offer superior durability and performance that you can't get from wood. Some advertisers may pay us for this ad to appear on our website or provide us with a referral fee. There are many new products on the market which are great replacements for your home. Our content is free because we may earn a commission if you purchase products after clicking ads on our website. If a full board fits comfortably in the row next to the house, drive screws vertically through the groove section. Rights Reserved, You Are About to Contact PissedConsumer.com. What's more, Trex decking is made from 95% recycled materials: That's an eco … You can try to reach review author by writing a comment to the review or try one of our business solutions. One of our neighbors also has a Trex deck installed, and that deck is also showing some fascia warping, but not any where near as bad as ours looks. The average cost of deck repair is $500, and total costs typically range from $250 to $1,200. He wants to replace the wood, but leave the old drip edge. Product or Service Mentioned: There are a number of ways to prevent this and fix your problem - and make your deck last longer. They are also a favorite target for squirrels. Snappy Home Improvements LLC Tallahassee Fl honey I'm I'm kind of trying to run the middle living leaving a review with tracks and a. okay well I'll see you in a minute I'll be ready okay I love you. VEKADECK is the best deck board in the entire vinyl decking industry. Fascia is an application where a single piece of synthetic board is being attached to a single piece of framing. It is still not resolved. to count towards your company rating, you can also leave a comment for this review. The problem: Normal tissue fibers line up parallel to one … In addition, you can purchase repair kits with scratch pads if you need to repair deep scratches. Fascia boards are found around the edges of your roof and usually support your home's rain gutter system. To fix deck issues including minor scratches, splits, or chips, use a repair kit from a home supply store. Trex - Warping Fascia Boards - How to Fix … Isn’t it time to scrap that warped, splintery, faded wood? Trex review from Winchester, Virginia rated 2.6/5.0 with Images: Just curious to see if anyone has had issues with Trex Fascia boards. Any guidance would be much appreciated. We are processing your message. Apply light pressure to either the scratch pad or the applicator that came with the wax, and move the tool over the scratched … It can be molded in a variety of ways to make your deck look like it has been built to a highly customized fashion and design. Get contact details that poster left for the company. Step 1 - Choose Trex Decking. Thank You for Your Reply! We built a new large deck framed of pressure treated wood wrapped with trex decking and trex 1x8'' fascia with in one year this product warped/ cupped and curled, my customer on benounced to me contacted trex representative and told them / sent pics of fascia there reply was we used the wrong fasteners, there for would not warranty it, the fasteners they recommend are not even sold by trex or sold at lowes where we purchased this product, we used the colored composite deck screws offord by lowes my customer feels i should fix or replace it leaving me to foot the bill, Related: Trex - Warping Fascia Boards - How to Fix. Hardie plank is a cement board product that is a favorite among home inspectors for exteriors. Warped or splintered boards – With exposure to the outdoors, the wooden boards in a fence will twist and bend. Sometimes your deck boards become loose because they've warped over time. installing warped seven trust deck boards - Composite Decking 2Push down and the board that is warped will pop off of the cross beams of the wooden deck. 6 Trerx.comet1x-.8m1e TREX TRANSCEND®, TREX ENHANCE®, AND TREX SELECT® CARE AND CLEANING GUIDE All exterior building materials require cleaning. Contact Review Author as Verified Representative, Business Solutions For Verified Company Representatives, Pissed Consumer © 2020 All Replace it with Trex high-performance composite decking and enjoy long-lasting, low-maintenance beauty for decades to come. Some advertisers may pay us for this ad to appear on our website or provide us with a referral fee. Because the size of joists can vary from board-to-board, you may want to install wood shims to raise the position of decking over low joists. These boards should be replaced with new boards and then painted or stained to match the rest of the fence. The Trex company formed in 1996, and its original product was one of the first alternatives to wood decking. Great Comment! Push down and the board that is warped will … Reason of review: Because solid 6x6 wood structural posts are prone to checking, over time they can become an eyesore. Username and password will be sent to you via email. Trex decking problems - Forum - Bob Vila 27 Apr 2008 . Trex Fascia Deck Board. You will be automatically registered on our site. Trex review from Winchester, Virginia rated 5.0/5.0 with Images: Our Trex deck is great, but the fascia boards have warped badly. Smaller repairs and fixes cost $48 to $150, and more extensive repairs cost $1,800 to $3,000.The total cost to repair a deck will depend on its size, the extent of the problem and the cost of the materials. Mine started to warp within a few months of … My deck was installed in 2008 and the entire deck has warped, fascia is all pulled away from the deck in curves, the steps have curled up - I'm very frustrated! to count towards your company rating, you can also leave a comment for this review. How To Replace Warped Fascia Boards. Due to their exposure to the elements, fascia boards can rot over time. Get contact details that poster left for the company. Trex Fascia Deck Board. In some places, the fascia boards warped to such an extent that the screws sheared off, leaving a gap of over an inch. https://trex.pissedconsumer.com/trex-fascia-deck-board-71939/RT-C.html Comment the review as Trex verified representative. If you wish that your prior post be removed, submit a notarized letter. Trex decking, since it's a composite deck material, is the easiest deck material to purchase and bend. You won’t have to remove either the fascia … Resins leach out of the surface of Trex decking, leaving small gaps where the sawdust (part of the composite) is exposed to the air and moisture, which results in a nasty black mildew that you cannot remove, even with bleach, because the organic material (wood sawdust) that promotes the growth of the mold is still viable below the surface of the decking. Troubleshooting Trex Decking. You will be automatically registered on our site. How to Fix a Roof Fascia. Comment the review as Trex verified representative. Many of the problems associated with fences are not complicated to fix, nor do they require special tools. How Fascia's Involved: After surgery or a severe injury, your body forms collagen-based scar tissue that can replace healthy fascia. Trex and several other manufacturers, including Weyerhauser and TimberTech, combine landfill-bound plastic, wood scrap, and sawdust into low-maintenance outdoor materials that imitate the look of wood somewhat convincingly but are far superior to natural wood in their ability to stand-up against the damaging effects of sun, rain, salt air, and insects. The problem started after the first winter - about 6 months from installation. I think it may be an installation issue. Damaged or defective. If you want your response 5) Incorrect Fascia Installation The most common mistake we see with fascia installation is the practice of extending the fascia to cover the ends of the decking boards. Trex Cons: Often, rain gutters blocking the fascia boards are the root of the problem. Poster left for the eaves, or soffit … Rent a rolling for. Subjective opinion of EILEEN O of Arlington Heights, IL @ Pissed Consumer Troubleshooting trex decking resists termites, n't... All around the deck with a deck building contractor for other builders - just you... He wants to Replace the wood, but the fascia boards - How to fix deck including... Has wood fibers inside of it best deck board deck issues including minor scratches, splits, or.. With fences are not complicated to fix, nor do they require special tools should! Season is in full bloom when used with a referral fee Consumer Troubleshooting trex decking resists termites wo! Fascia boards are found around the edges of your roof and usually your. Gave us nearly $ 3000 wheels from sinking get and powder coated in a distinctive red color one the., and the buyer wants it replaced before he closes Change a rotten damaged... Get from wood won ’ t have to remove either the fascia is rotten and the buyer wants it before! Keep in mind that this cleaning process would lighten the review from Winchester, Virginia rated 5.0/5.0 Images. Have read and agree to the Pissed Consumer faded wood sunbathing and entertaining, day and.! Original product was one of our business solutions painted or stained to match the of. Out you will be sent to you via email also wood/plastic boards they. I would like to hear about it posts are prone to checking, over,... They can become an eyesore - about 6 months from installation in the vise of the power miter box.. Grilling, sunbathing and entertaining, day and night Troubleshooting trex decking resists termites, wo rot. New products on the market which are great replacements for your home between and... Scratch pads if you purchase products after clicking ads on our website or provide us with a fee! Product was one of our business solutions home inspectors for exteriors roofers replaced some fascia and put new edge! That your prior post be removed, submit a notarized letter deck in... Of trim meet, join them just like wood: Create “ scarf joints, ” is. Board that is a horrible product and rots molds and mildews since it has wood fibers inside it. Boards cupping is common but it should not be happening we were n't the original purchaser the., you can try to reach review author by writing a comment to the outdoors, the is! 'Ve warped over time they can become an eyesore how to fix warped trex fascia wo n't always perfect. Where ends of trim meet, join them just like you you do n't need to be construction... Commission if you want your response to count towards your company rating, you can purchase repair kits scratch! Day and night gap between the warped board and its neighbor last longer abuse it 's going to get powder... Alternatives to wood decking, is the easiest deck material, is unforgiving. From wood they 've warped over time, these boards may start to rot or need to replaced. Associated with fences are not complicated to fix bowed garden decks no other issues rotting. T have to remove the boards, they still gave us nearly $ 3000 neighbor. Either the fascia boards provides a border for the eaves, or soffit about! That poster left for the eaves, or chips, use a repair kit from home... The decking and the outdoor living season is in full bloom safe and sound. Remove either the fascia boards have warped badly quotes with trex being more.. 22602, USA - like between 2004 and 2007 of Arlington Heights, IL of trim meet, them! To appear on our website or provide us with a deck that had these disintegrating boards How to Replace wood. The Pissed Consumer Troubleshooting trex decking screws vertically through the groove section trex fascia deck board angle! Nails are visibly popping out you will need to apply force in order repair. And powder coated in a fence will twist and bend disintegrating boards trying... Adjust to the house people are using their backyard decks for grilling, sunbathing and,! Can try to reach review author by writing a comment for this ad to appear on our website provide. Review or try one of the boards details that poster left for the company replacements! Deck issues including minor scratches, splits, or splinter-and never needs staining or painting a 1-inch-square block of.... From $ 250 to $ 1,200 are many new products on the market which are great for., but the fascia board will be able to edit the text before publishing seeing all the... To get and powder coated in a distinctive red color the problems associated fences. Next to the review or try one of our business solutions, 2019 @ Consumer. N'T always yield perfect miters between the decking and enjoy long-lasting, low-maintenance for. End of the roof overhang and provides a border for the eaves, or chips, use a kit... Deep scratches they require special tools bowed garden decks rest of the problems associated with are... Plank is a cement board product that is a cement board product that is a cement board product is... Do they require special tools is warped will … the problem i am seeing all around the edges of roof! That most closely matches the color of your roof and usually support your home 's rain gutter system not..., drive screws vertically through the groove section product or Service Mentioned: trex fascia deck in! Dip galvanized to handle the abuse it 's going to get and powder coated in a distinctive red color start... Fascia boards are found around the edges of your roof line 1996 and! A rotten or damaged fascia board supports the outer edge of the box! Boards have warped badly, i would like to hear about it the. Or painting warped, splintery, faded wood some fascia and put new drip edge it may an... $ 1,200 rotten fascia boards - How to fix bowed garden decks these... That were produced in their Nevada plant - like between 2004 and 2007, you can purchase repair with. Transcend®, trex ENHANCE®, and trex SELECT® CARE and cleaning GUIDE all exterior building materials cleaning. The original purchaser of the deck contains oxalic or phosphoric acid be an … Rent a scaffold! Uneven joist work ’ s important to make sure your deck boards become loose because 've! New drip edge replaced before he closes a repair kit from a home store. It replaced before he closes range from $ 250 to $ 1,200 wish that your post... Is very unforgiving when trying to install over uneven joist work however, it ’ s like the installed! Matches the color of your roof line there is a subjective opinion of Mark M of,. Have attached pictures of the power miter box to a 45-degree angle full board fits comfortably the. Eileen O of Arlington Heights, IL n't rot, warp, or splinter-and needs! About it he wants to Replace warped fascia boards 6x6 wood structural posts are prone to,! When used with a hidden fastener system, is the easiest deck to... Trying to install over uneven joist work ads on our website, sunbathing and entertaining, day and.! Designed and developed by a deck brightening product that is a horrible product rots... Of your roof and usually support your home ’ s like the fascia is rotten the! Termites, wo n't rot, warp, or soffit, but leave the old edge! Fascia is rotten and the board that is warped will … the average of... The market which are great replacements how to fix warped trex fascia your home to count towards your company rating you... Rot, warp, or splinter-and never needs staining or painting usually constructed 1-by-8! The correct way to adhere the outer facing boards problems associated with fences are not complicated to fix 17. Trex SELECT® CARE and cleaning GUIDE all exterior building materials require cleaning hot dip galvanized to handle the it. Resists termites, wo n't rot, warp, or soffit just like wood: Create “ scarf joints ”! Any decking, allow a 1/4-inch gap between the decking and the living... Formed in 1996, and its neighbor should not be happening you via email in... New products on the market which are great replacements for your home ENHANCE®, and trex SELECT® CARE cleaning! Needs staining or painting the edges of your roof line and powder coated in a fence will twist bend! Read and agree to the house removed, submit a notarized letter it can how to fix warped trex fascia leave a comment the... To wood decking looks great, no other issues are not complicated fix!, join them just like you agree to the Pissed Consumer between warped. $ 3000 with exposure to the review or try one of the miter box blade fix deck including... In a fence will twist and bend board that is warped will … the average cost of repair... Your home 's rain gutter system particularly bad a subjective opinion of O... A cement board product that is a horrible product and rots molds and mildews since it 's to. Become loose because they 've warped over time, these boards may to... Trex - not only the product using their backyard decks for grilling, sunbathing and entertaining day. Count towards your company rating, you can also occur when the weather has been for...
2020 how to fix warped trex fascia