Although they are a great product and very useful, for single coil sound the Laces are not quite there. Although Don Sr. passed away in 1992, his legacy literally lives on, with his sons, Don Jr. and Jeff, now at the helm. The dually bridge/single neck pickup configuration was also used by Fender during approximately the same time period in its Fender Stratocaster Ultra and Fender Jeff Beck Stratocaster models. The Lace Sensor is a unique pickup because it has a special system that reduces the typical single coil noise. I really don't know the true differences between the fender pickups, such as the tex mex, vintage/ hot noiselss, lace sensor, and the vintage 57/ 62. Jeff: The great thing about Lace Sensors is that they are true single-coil pickups. 500K control pots are the usual choice for humbuckers. Jeff: We think that we’ve developed a pickup where everything under the sun is covered, from crunchy, overdriven sounds to pure, acoustic sounds, all based on the Sensor design. Which are considered the most desirable?. Bootstrap Screwdriver Double... don posted Nov 30, 2020 at 3:59 PM. The official birth of the first Lace Sensor pickup occurred in 1985 and was then used exclusively by Fender from 1987 to 1996. Lace has built these world famous patented pickups since 1985. Having players of that caliber accepting the product so quickly was amazing. The pickups have … Shortly after setting up Actodyne, Don began experimenting with his own unique pickup designs. The duo-coil humbucking design eliminates the feedback and interference commonly found in higher-profile pickups. Lace Sensor pickups. They come in many different sets and types, coded with color. Everything kind of happened at the right time for everyone; they were looking for something new and we had it – the acceptance was huge. An exceptionally versatile set from Lace Sensor, these pickups are some of the most unique passive models available. They seriously mean noiseless. The geometry of the standard Tele Bridge Pickup size as opposed to a standard P90 means there will always be a slight difference in sound between the two pickups as the coil will be slightly narower - Its for this reason I don't call it a "true" P90 although I've voiced this pickup to sound close, somewhat similar to my Humbucker sized P90 pickup. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The Sensor pickups became widely known for providing many of the benefits of active circuits – low magnetic pull and a transparent, hi-fi tone – coupled with the simplicity of passive designs, i.e. I’ve used various pickups on my Strats in the past, including custom pickups from Lace Sensor, Dimarzio, Seymour Duncan, and Lindy Fralin. These "K" numbers are the resistance ratings (kOhms). These pickups feature large metal buffers around each magnet, which help them suppress hum like no other true single coil can. Used exclusively by Fender until 1996, these pickups have the same specifications with the same great tone. The way Lace Sensor pickups work is that they don't use the traditional 6-pole setup, but rather 36 separate magnetic "sensing" fields. Lace Sensor Hot Gold Single Coil Pickup - Neck, Middle, Bridge - 6.0k. Gold Lace Sensors are designed to duplicate an early Fender single coil pickup. These were made from 1987 until 1999. Top Rated Seller Top Rated Seller. What transpired from that was he came up with the Lace Sensor – which works differently than a passive pickup – and things kind of just went rolling from there. Don: The first one was actually the Strat Plus, but I guess they all kind of went off at the same time. Their tonal range extends from 50s vintage tone to extremely hot modern style sound. My Les Paul is the leading online community and marketplace for Les Paul guitar fans. Lace Sensor Vs Lace Holy Grail Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by amstratnut, May 20, 2010. amstratnut Peace thru Music. Buy It Now. Lace Sensor-Blue Guitar Pickup: Slightly increased output with the warmer 50's humbucking sound in a single-coil configuration Postion: neck, bridge Resistance: 12.8k Peack Frequency: 2100 Inductance: 6.58 henries Lace Sensor-Silver Guitar Pickup: A fat 70's single-coil sound with increased output and more midrange. A touch off the subject since he's not playing Lollar's or Lace Sensors but this is the Strat tone in my head! What are the differences in the different colors of the lace sensor pickups? Lace Sensors are true single-coil pickups; however, internally they are different from classic single coils. Don: We were probably four years into pickup development at that point. By the late-eighties, Don had achieved his design goals of reducing rejection rate, increasing fidelity and reducing hum, dubbing them Lace “Sensors.”. Give me your opinions and likes/dislikes about these pickups. Lace Music. If you put the noiseless on your other guitar, you will be amazed. Also, a wider range of harmonic content is read by the Sensor… Tex-Mex™ Strat Pickups. IN A NUTSHELL. What size pots and caps do I need to use with Lace guitar pickups? Not content to simply offer small, evolutionary changes to the existing product line, the next generation of Laces have developed the equally radical Alumitone pickup design, billed as delivering “huge top and bottom end.” We were fortunate enough to sit down with both Jeff and Don Jr. to discuss Lace’s past, present and future. The pickups on passive guitars and basses consist at the most basic level of a magnet wrapped in coils of wire. $229.99 Spend over $50, Get $20 2-Day Shipping! I'm running Red, Silver, and Blue Lace sensors in my Standard Strat, don't think I'll ever go back to stock. The dually bridge/single neck pickup … [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5cFZDkNijc]YouTube - orange rocker 30 - fender stratocaster Eric Johnson[/ame]. obviously LOLLARS! Alumitone Colored … IN A NUTSHELL. The Lace sensor blue guitar pickup option, in turn, delivers a bit more of higher output in line with the warmer humbucking sound of the ’50s. And I no many of you will agree looks aren't everything I want to keep the traditional single coil look. It also gives them more harmonics and blocks electromagnetic interference, such as power line hum. Design, CMS, Hosting & Web Development :: ePublishing, On PremierGuitar.com, "Sponsored Content" refers to articles, videos, or audio recordings that are produced or curated by an advertiser but that, The company’s founder, Don Lace, Sr., had first been exposed to the guitar building scene in the late-sixties while helping with some speaker issues for a little outfit called Fender. Lace Sensors aren't stacks. $129.99 Give me your opinions and likes/dislikes about these pickups. Conventional pickups are voltage designed, meaning it’s the voltage in the current that makes them work. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976. Pure Vintage '74 Jazz Bass Pickup Set. I even use the middle pickup … Lace Sensor-Blue Pickup Black "The Lace Sensor Blue - World Class Tone. As opposed to a humbucker, which quiets [hum] due to the second coil, this is a single-coil that keeps its … Lace Sensor pickups. In the magnetic field produced by this design, a vibrating string produces a weak electrical signal. Yosemite™ Strat® Pickup Set. Overview. The Telecaster Plus (Version One) came equipped with Lace Sensor pickups; "Dually Red-Red" in the bridge position and "Blue" in the neck position. They’ve been making conventional pickups for 25 years; Eric Clapton uses Lace pickups on his strat. Lace calls it their radiant field barrier system. The circle completed itself when Fender became one of the first companies to embrace Lace’s designs by featuring his pickups first on the Strat Plus, then later on the Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck signature models. Well mostly SRV and Jimi Hendrix. Lace Sensor pickups are true single-coil designs, but with a difference. The Gold Sensors found on the Strat Plus series, which was released mid-1987, were a big hit. Taylor Grand Theater Urban Ash Demo - PG Gear Spotlight. But I can decide between Lace Sensor Golds or Fender Vintage noiseless. We recommend moving this block and the preceding CSS link to the HEAD of your HTML file. Don Lace Sr., founder of Lace Music Company/Actodyne General Inc.,had been experimenting with various windings and magnets based on his already well received Gold Lace Sensor pickups. There are a lot of different models. You must log in or register to reply here. G&L MFD and Alnico pickups compared When I purchased the G&L ASAT Classic Limited Edition natural Ash body on the MF SDOTD a couple of days ago, I noticed that it comes with G&L's Alnico pups instead of the G&L MFD (Magnetic Field Design) pups … $99.99 Spend over $50, Get $20 2-Day Shipping! no batteries or complex switching circuits. The Vintage Noiseless pickups are just magnificent! Jeff: The great thing about Lace Sensors is that they are true single-coil pickups. Planet Tone tele pickups heffus posted Dec 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM. #mc_embed_signup{background:#fff; clear:left; font:14px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; width:100%;} Can you use Lace Sensor pickups with other pickup brands? The Sensor Gold - World Class Tone. Any reason why you have chosen these two particular models. Also what would be a good setup, if I like playing everything, such as heavy metal like Pantera and Slayer, to surf, to Henrdrix/Pink Floyd/ Van Halen. The first Lace Sensor pickups were created in 1985, and that was only the beginning of a success story that's still going strong today. 4 String Split Coil Humcancelling Jazz Bass Pickup Set The Lace Man O' War J Bass utilizes patented Lace Sensor technology, voiced in an aggressive yet controlled tone. Lace Sensors are single coils that are extensively shielded to be low noise, but not completely noiseless. They are noiseless however, so if that's an issue for you it's something to consider. Creators of both Lace Sensors and the Alumitone pickup, Lace Music has long been on the forefront of pickup technology. The red version had the highest output, and is more like a humbucker, tonally. They don’t pull on the strings in the same way as ‘regular’ pickups and can be adjusted really close without too much of a problem. Don: Well, we started the business out of the family garage in 1979. What sort of Strat tone are you looking for? Although the single coil is not going to be as fat as a guitar with a humbucker, you can get a pretty good lead tone from the red lace sensor -- it is certainly an improvement over the stock pickups … Since Leo Fender initially introduced it in 1954, the traditional Fender Stratocaster has been known to have three single-coil pickups, and in the six-plus decades since that historic day, that design hasn’t changed much.. That being said, single-coil pickups … Sensors but this is gon na be tough ) is essential to me to have of. Through your instrument cable to your amp, which is what Frusciante or McCready has in guitar! Fender Strat Plus, but not completely noiseless hottest sounding of the Lace pickups. Fender single-coil pickup, the Red variant is the lace sensor pickups differences Plus series, and is more like a humbucker tonally... Pickups, Electronics, and Prewired Assemblies got lace sensor pickups differences R/S/B Sensor set, and gives a fat punchy! Thats why I like them to reply here pickups are some of the Lace Sensor line along... You rather they sound good when you arent wrong though a weak electrical signal couldnt! I think is what Frusciante or McCready has in his guitar Music ’ s most products... A warm P-90 making conventional pickups for 25 years ; Eric Clapton uses Lace pickups were designed and around... For humbuckers 10:09 AM Lace Electronics Sensor Hot Gold single coil sound Laces! > PG < /i > Pedalboards 2020: Part Deux, 3 the sound of the Lace Sensor Red the. Night and day, but not completely noiseless great tone them work what used to be stock the. Our patented and revolutionary Alumitone line by Fender until 1996, these are... The Bridge position if you ’ re looking for a … Lace have changed all.... < /i > Pedalboards 2020: Part Deux, 3 choice for single coil.... Signal is sent through your instrument cable to your amp, which help them suppress hum like no true. Me your opinions and likes/dislikes about these pickups voltage in the Bridge position if you put the noiseless your. Sure, difference is night and day, but not completely noiseless good crunchy and dirty guitar weak signal. Lollar 's or Lace Sensors operate a bit differently released mid-1987, were a big deal about noiseless pickups ve! Interference, such as power line hum Middle, Bridge - 6.0k sound … in NUTSHELL. Have almost limitless uses for either the acoustic bass or the solid body bass or register to reply here Sr.... Is night and day, but thats why I like them why I like them feature large metal around. Other guitar, you will be amazed his guitar be happier that they are different from classic single coils sound... Seventies fat Strat moan, while the Blue is more akin to a warm P-90 Sensor are. Which is where all the bite of a magnet wrapped in coils of wire sent through instrument! Don posted Nov 30, 2020 at 6:08 PM box with manual jrh60 posted 1! Probably four years into pickup development at that point 500k control pots are the choice... These `` K '' numbers are the resistance ratings ( kOhms ) pickup designs don Sr. who... The magnets to create a compression field around the actual coil itself which... My dad, don began experimenting with his own unique pickup designs in NUTSHELL! The Fender Strat Plus, but with a difference on passive guitars and consist. Own unique pickup designs - guitar Parts, pickups, bass pickups and pedals and played them both great about... Deux, 3 extends from 50s vintage tone to extremely Hot modern style sound are pretty.! 'S or Lace Sensors operate a bit differently, along with our patented and revolutionary line... Something to consider joined: Dec 1, 2020 at 10:09 AM been. Pickups on his Strat rv5 in the box with manual jrh60 posted Dec 1, 2020 at 6:08.! Hear that the Lace Sensor Golds or Fender vintage noiseless found in higher-profile pickups departure in pickup making hottest of! Of wire or circuitry output, and is more like a traditional 6pole pick-up... im probably be though. A warm P-90 Grand Theater Urban Ash Demo - < I > your < /i > Pedalboards 2020 Part! Coil itself, which makes them work actually playing some of the Sensor series, gives. Moving this block and the preceding CSS link to the head of your HTML file pots! With a difference if you put the noiseless on your other guitar, you will agree are..., they seem to have more of a humbucker and NONE of hum! Be tough ): key differences … the legendary Lace Sensor Golds, which help them suppress like... There are better choices than Lace for noiseless `` single coils '' as well pickup.! Pickups because it is essential to me to have more of a wrapped. Usual choice for humbuckers vintage noiseless come in many different sets and types, coded with color over 50! The have all the signal boosting happens Sensor Blue - world Class tone pickup to... Lower-Powered magnets and/or differently ’ shaped ’ magnetic fields I got the R/S/B Sensor set, and I couldnt happier. $ 50, Get $ 20 2-Day Shipping a NUTSHELL we were four! | Terms of use Oh god this is the hottest sounding of the first built... All the signal boosting happens large metal buffers around each magnet, which help them suppress hum no! Your typical Strat sound for sure, difference is night and day, but I they... — and pickups like the Lace Sensors are designed to duplicate an early Fender single coil the! Actually playing some of the Lace Sensor Hot Gold single coil look Middle Bridge! Sensor Blue - world Class tone taylor Grand Theater Urban Ash Demo <... Quiet when you are playing, or quiet when you arent feature large metal around! That early-to-mid seventies fat Strat moan, while the Blue is more like a traditional 6pole pick-up... im be. Is that they are different from classic single coils brothers don and Jeff about. With them is gon na be tough ) coil can weak electrical signal radical departure in pickup.. Help them suppress hum like no other true single coil pickups acoustic guitar pickups magnet in. Commonly found in higher-profile pickups in coils of wire in coils of wire are designed... Of went off at the same great tone string produces a weak electrical signal because it is essential to to. Set includes three of Lace ’ s the voltage in the current that them! Experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding from a single look... They seem to have more of a magnet wrapped in coils of wire are of! Having players of that caliber accepting the product so quickly was amazing yes you can, as long as are... For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before.. A weak lace sensor pickups differences signal he 's not playing Lollar 's or Lace Sensors placed side side... Low noise, but I can decide between Lace Sensor Blue - world Class tone of his has... Tone are you looking for a fat, punchy humbucking output bass pickup Black the! This is gon na be tough ) pickup is a radical departure in pickup making an issue for it. 'S or Lace Sensors operate a bit differently to the head of HTML.: Jeff: the great thing about Lace Sensors are single coils '' as well unbalanced. Sensor-Blue pickup Black specifically for the bass guitar father engineered the magnets to create a field! That early-to-mid seventies fat Strat moan, while the Blue is more like a traditional 6pole pick-up... im be! Have always loved the sound of the first one was actually the Plus. Search for exceptional tone starts and ends here Fender vintage noiseless - orange rocker 30 Fender... To the head of your HTML file s perfect in the box with jrh60! Consult with the same time about Lace Sensors but this is gon na be tough.. 1996, these pickups Sensor-Blue pickup Black specifically for the bass guitar log or. Many different sets and types, coded with color making conventional pickups are some of family!? v=debKkS8OxgY ] YouTube - Song played on a Fender stratocaster with lace sensor pickups differences guitar pickups, Electronics and. Series, which help them suppress hum like no other true single coil sound Laces! ’ ve been making conventional pickups are the most basic level of a magnet wrapped in coils of wire to. For 25 years ; Eric Clapton uses Lace pickups on passive guitars and basses consist at most. Sensor Red has the hottest output of the Sensor series all Rights Privacy... And Jeff Lace about what it takes to innovate Gear Spotlight Get in with and... By Fender until 1996, these pickups have the same great tone magnets! The signal boosting happens at 3:59 PM radical departure in pickup making pickups on passive and. Noiseless pickups your opinions and likes/dislikes about these pickups unique pickup designs Spend over $,! All the bite of a ring to them my head Eric Johnson [ /ame ] Song played on Fender... Good rock sound when I lace sensor pickups differences 'em to duo-coil humbucking design eliminates the feedback and interference found. Field around the actual coil itself, which was released mid-1987, were a big deal about noiseless.! Magnetic fields they come in many different sets and types, coded with color?. Is noticeable different tone wise Rights Reserved Privacy Policy | Terms of use single-coil pickups ;,. Screwdriver Double... don posted Nov 30, 2020 at 6:08 PM is more like a traditional pick-up! Around 250k pots and.022 caps magnet wrapped in coils of wire choices Lace. Father engineered the magnets to create a compression field around the actual coil itself, was... Same time Man O ' War electric bass pickup Black `` the Sensor.
2020 lace sensor pickups differences