Combi deal. The companion HD is phenomenal. The companion is better for finer work because the blade point is more acute and the handle circumference near the blade is smaller and easier to whittle with. For me, the affordability of this knife provided a feeling of liberation. This green model is discrete and blends in with surroundings. On the other hand, the blade of Mora Companion is shorter and thinner. Sharpening is something of an experience in and of itself. Mora Companion Heavy Duty Black - Stainless Steel. The Mora Bushcraft Black has a "street price" of around $40, while the Mora Companion Heavy Duty can be found just about anywhere for "$20". Morakniv Companion. Beyond their affordability and durability, one of Morakniv’s other strengths is quality control. The high quality of the material makes it a breeze to sharpen for a better performance. I'm fairly certain it comes with a 90° spine already however if it doesn't it won't be very hard to make it. The shipping costs make buying two Companion HDs a value-driven choice. Teraz w wariancie Heavy Duty - głownia wykonana z mocniejszej stali węglowej i pogrubiona do 3,2 mm. MORA. On paper, the biggest difference is cost. Mora Companion Heavy Duty MG - Carbon Steel. The back of the knife has not been rounded, which is to ease use of a firesteel with this knife. The Companion has a 4” blade, a 4.5” handle, and an overall length of about 8.5”. Mora Companion Heavy Duty. Price differences are such that I can get 2x Mora Companion HDs or 1x Mora Bushcraft, and neither are significantly more expensive than the other. Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by lonestar1979, Oct 20, 2016. Both feature 4.1-inch blades, high friction rubber handles, and molded plastic belt sheaths. Mora Companion Heavy Duty It hasn't been so long since the introduction of the Mora Robust and that knife seems to have went down very well, as a result a few models with different characteristics have been released, most recently the Mora Companion Heavy Duty. Our Rating: (5/5) Steel: 12C27. Reply. Thanks! Thanks for the review. Price: $19.98. Mora Bushcraft Black - http://amzn.to/1MsFxvz. In regards to kitchen work a Mora made from the stainless steel would be a better choice, as it is more resistant to contact with sour ingredients and won’t leave a metallic taste in the food. Like its little brother, this knife is rock solid in the hand. You simply can’t beat the quality to price ratio. Now, if you are someone who prefers or wants a thicker blade, get the Morakniv Companion HD (Heavy Duty) or get the Craftline Heavy Duty by Morakniv or the Morakniv Light My Fire all of these blades are thicker, and feel much better if you need that reassurance. For a total length of 8.9 inches and a net weight of 4.8 ounces. For a total length of 8.9 inches and a net weight of 4.8 ounces. Morakniv is known for offering quality knives at laughably low prices. The Mora Companion Heavy Duty is a powerful tool for bushcrafters, hunters and outdoor enthusiasts. The Mora Heavy Duty Knives are a fantastic addition to the Mora range and are a great valued piece of kit that are razor sharp and wonderfully versatile. Combi deal. Hello everyone! Handles are very much a preference thing but for me the handle on the Companion is pretty darn close to perfect. Mora Companion Heavy Duty combines reliability (unless it corrodes), utility and a great price to quality ratio. Price differences are such that I can get 2x Mora Companion HDs or 1x Mora Bushcraft, and neither are significantly more expensive than the other. Click the button below to add the Mora Companion Heavy Duty (Robust) MG Carbon to your wish list. 201. ( Log Out /  This is seen in the thicker blade and the larger handle. It comes with a plastic friction fit sheath. The edge is scandi-ground in a fairly large angle, making it more durable. Le couteau Mora a été adopté par les professionnels de différents milieux pour sa grande qualité et robustesse qui font de ce couteau un des meilleurs couteaux professionnels. Companion Heavy Duty is the optimal compan­ion for rigorous adventures and challenges. The Companion HD is everything the regular Companion is, only a little more so. The heavy duty companion … Rather, almost every picture shows the knife tearing through a piece of timber. The accompanying table gives approximate measurements between the Mora 510 and the Mora Heavy Duty Companion. After my food prep experiment, I took a close look at the blade. That’s worthy of two things – Your money and, just as importantly, your respect. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. I primarily use a Spyderco Sharpmaker, which poses a bit of a problem with its fixed-angle design. Mora Companion Heavy Duty MG Carbon jest grubszą wersją popularnej Mory Companion produkowanej przez firmę Morakniv. The back of the knife has not been rounded, which is to ease use of a firesteel with this knife. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > Oct 20, 2016 #1. lonestar1979. Cumpara Cutit Mora Companion, Heavy Duty BLACK cu lama groasa din INOX, DIY/Hobby/camping de la eMAG! Frequently Asked Questions & Expert Answers on Morakniv Companion Heavy Duty from CampSaver. But like a twin who’s decided to hit the gym, here’s where the stats start to swell. Mora has managed to produce a wood-menacing monster for about the cost of two large delivery pizzas or a family feast from Kentucky Fried Chicken. What we have here are two stainless steel, budget-friendly bushcraft blades. The blunter edge angle gives for a maximum sharpness resistance. The enlarged palm swell on the Companion HD looks funky to me, so I'm not sure how it'll feel compared to the Bushcraft. Weight: 0.40 LBS Rating: ( 23 product reviews ) Shipping: Calculated at checkout : Quantity: Product Description. … 2900 Views. Cold Steel Finn Hawk vs. Mora Companion. Mora Companion Heavy Duty Burnt Orange stainless, bushcraft knife. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Because that’s not where this blade was designed to live. ... Mora Companion Heavy Duty. Opinions wanted: Mora Companion HD vs. Mora Bushcraft. from Knifecenter.com - The Original and Largest Online Catalog of Cutlery And since I can’t see inside, there’s no way to tell whether or not this is occurring. Food prep becomes more a of slash and smash affair, as shown by my piles of brutalized onions and tomatoes. While I still feel that Mora’s standard Companion will be the best choice for most users, I can’t argue with the effectiveness of the Companion HD. Maybe one day, however! Opinions wanted: Mora Companion HD vs. Mora Bushcraft. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Mora Companion Heavy Duty … While the blade on the standard Stainless Companion spans 2.5-millimeters (and the standard Carbon model showing just 2 mm), the Heavy Duty widens things out to 3.2-millimeters. 1-16 of 71 results for "mora heavy duty companion" Price and other details may vary based on size and color Morakniv Companion Heavy Duty Knife with Sandvik Carbon Steel Blade, 0.125/4.1-Inch Buy Companion Series, The all-in-one knife for outdoor buffs, the patterned high-friction grip makes the knife pleasant to hold and easy to handle. Suitable for batoning, the Companion Heavy Duty features a thick, 1/8-inch (3.2mm) carbon steel blade with a slightly blunter 27 Degree edge angle for high load capacity and maximum sharpness resistance. Műszaki adatok: Penge hossza / Blade length: 104 mm Penge vastagsága / Blade thickness: 3,2 mm Penge anyaga / Blade material: C100 Markolat hossza / Handle length: 120 mm Markolat anyaga / Handle material: Műanyag Teljes hossza / Total length: 224 mm Tartozék / Extra: Műanya g tok klipsszel / P lastic sheath with a clip Krik of Black Owl Outdoors compares and contrasts the Mora Bushcraft Black with the Mora Companion Heavy Duty. Mora Robust Vs Companion Heavy Duty Reviewed and Rated in 2020 # Product Name Image; 1: Morakniv No. But good to know that the Companion handles are comfortable still! Suitable for batoning, the Companion Heavy Duty features a thick, 1/8-inch (3.2mm) carbon steel blade with a slightly blunter 27 Degree edge angle for high load capacity and maximum sharpness resistance. Change ). Companion HeavyDuty™ is the optimal companion for rigorous adventures and challenges. Works with the Mora Companion heavy duty only. If you are looking for a lightweight knife for light-duty tasks, Mora Companion is a great choice. Like all Mora knives, the Companion is made in Mora, Sweden. ... That was 3 years ago, and I now own 12 Moras. The Scandi grind is just a joy to use, with an intuitive angle and durable edge. In this video I compare two mora companion knives, one made from carbon steel and the other of stainless, to find which steel has better edge retention. Measures 5 5/8″ X 2″ Each sheath is custom made when your order is placed. ( Log Out /  The Mora Companion Heavy Duty is a more robust version of the popular Mora Companion knife. The Morakniv Companion Heavy Duty MG fixed blade knife is a powerful tool for bushcrafters, hunters and outdoorsmen. Conclusions. Sheath type: plastic. Companion Heavy Duty is a powerful tool for bushcrafters, hunters and outdoor people. Falls Sie sich Fragen ob das weitere Modelle der Mora Familie sind, hier die Auflösung: Das Companion MG steht einfach für „military green“, also die Farbe militärgrün“. ( Log Out /  Paid Subscribers don't see ads! Mar 2, 2014. I've also started thinking about buying one of each, but for now the total cost for that (~$100CAD) would be a bit too much for the job I need the knife to do. One thing that is hard to notice in ph… The Mora Heavy Duty MG Companion knife has an extra-large ergonomic handle with a texturized, high-friction rubber grip, meaning it's usable even in wet conditions. Mora Bushcraft Black vs Mora Companion Heavy Duty • Bushcraft Knives I realize that this is probably just a flaw on my particular model, since none of my other Moras have this issue. Combideals & accessories. 40% off. 2/0 Carbon Steel 3.0 Inch Knife Blade Blank. Morakniv Companion HD MG (Carbon Steel - gama Heavy Duty este doar cu otel carbon).Varianta mai robusta a clasicului Companion MG. Cutit pentru uz general, vanatoare, bushcraft. At that price, whatever qualms I have about the handle gaps really don’t matter. The robust handle and the 27° edge angle give it maximum edge resiliency. 4" Carbon blade 3/4" Wide 1/8" Thick blade! The Mora Companion Heavy Duty MG carbon is one of the heavier fixed blades in the famous Companion-series by Mora. Nóż typu skandynawskiego, wykonany z nowoczesnych materiałów i dostępny w sensownej cenie – nic dziwnego, że „Mora” zdobyła sobie sporą popularność i grono zwolenników. ... so I have narrowed it down to the Mora Companion Heavy Duty (HD) and the Mora Bushcraft (stainless options for both because I live in the ever wet Pacific Northwest). Typical lead time is 3-5 days but can vary. The Companion HD is everything the regular Companion is, only a little more so. Made from carbon steel, this improvement brings the knife in line with more expensive models on the market, and results in a more robust knife that will withstand harder use. The differences between Mora Bushcraft vs Companion regarding the blades are the length and thickness. The Mora Companion Heavy Duty MG carbon is one of the heavier fixed blades in the famous Companion-series by Mora. It is tougher and more durable, suitable for heavier tasks. The robust handle and somewhat sturdier 27° angle edge give it maximum edge resiliency. With an almost identical build to that of the popular Mora Companion MG Knife, this Heavy Duty model benefits from a considerably thicker blade, measuring 3.2 mm in width. The heavy duty companion is ideal for all round use whether crafting greenwood or splitting billets for feathersticks or firewood. Fortunately, I was able to sharpen these little notches out without too much trouble. If you don’t expect to beat on it much, the HD is probably a little easier to use because of the handle and narrower blade. The Mora Companion Heavy Duty MG carbon is one of the heavier fixed blades in the famous Companion-series by Mora. Ostrze Ostrze Mory Companion HD o grubości ~3mm (zwykła Mora Companion … Combined, the knife and sheath weigh just about 4 oz. The blade length is about 4.0”, whereas the thickness is about 0.098” (2.5 mm). Weight is a consideration although they seem to be very similar (not factoring in sheath), but perhaps those of us with kitchen scales can confirm. £ 7,55 £ 7,95. Mora Companion Heavy Duty (Robust) MG Carbon. I tape the blade when forming these sheaths but you can get some rubbing on … Constructie clasica Mora, lama mai groasa din otel carbon, unghi scandi, maner ergonomic supradimensionat (la seria HD - Heavy Duty - manerele sunt mai mari decat cele standard), cauciucat, negru cu verde. If you want it in case you might be batoning bigger wood, get the Bushcraft. The carbon steel smoothed out nicely, taking a very nice edge. The overall length has been stretched from 8.6-inches to 8.8, with a weight gain of 0.7-ounces swinging the scale up to a total of 4.8-ounces. But like a twin who’s decided to hit the gym, here’s where the stats start to swell. Whatever it lacks in finesse it more than makes up for with its can-do attitude. On both their official website and Amazon store, there’s not a single photo of the HD in the kitchen. Thickness: 0.1 in. Then there’s the H… Sure, I could have opted to put a micro bevel on the blade, but then it wouldn’t really be a Scandi. Again not my best quality, but that said there are … That was 3 years ago, and I now own 12 Moras. The Mora Companion HD (Heavy Duty) is a very adaptable knife with a patterned high-friction grip handle - great for general outdoors/bushcraft use, and now features a thicker blade and beefier handle than the original Companion knife - great for all your demanding bushcraft and outdoor needs. 5% off. The knife is very suitable fore bushcraft- … Beyond its physical dimensions, the most notable difference lies in the HD’s use of carbon rather than stainless steel. But the knife they sent was no joke. I can split kindling, baton through logs, and generally beat on it without a second thought – Not only because it can take it (and it can), but because if I break it doing something stupid, I can buy a new one for less than it costs to fill my gas tank. For batoning the knife needs great strength requirements. When it comes to a heavy duty bushcraft knife, I’ll always go with a high quality PKS, but for all of my lighter tasks, I reach for the Mora. 2,220. CampSaver. Carry the one you like more and leave the other as backup in your car. I thought they were both around 4.2oz/120g or so. Click Here To Check Price: 2: Morakniv Eldris Fixed-Blade Pocket-Sized Knife with Sandvik Stainless Steel Blade and Plastic Sheath 2.2-Inch. It can work, but if your dinner plans at camp involve the delicate slicing of meat, cheese, or veggies, the HD may not be the best table… well, Companion. On paper, the biggest difference is cost. Morakniv Bushcraft Carbon Steel Survival Knife with Fire Starter and Sheath. The robust handle and somewhat blunter 27° angle edge give it maximum edge resiliency. I was shocked to discover that, with just a few quick strikes, I was able to neatly split pieces of timber. The knife is very suitable fore bushcraft- and survival. The Companion uses Morakniv’s simple, old plastic affair that holds the knife in with tension between it and the rubber grip. Műszaki adatok: Penge hossza / Blade length: 104 mm Penge vastagsága / Blade thickness: 3,2 mm Penge anyaga / Blade material: Sandvik 12c27 Markolat hossza / Handle length: 120 mm Markolat anyaga / Handle material: Műanyag Teljes hossza / Total length: 224 mm Tartozék / Extra: Műanya g tok klipsszel / P lastic sheath with a clip Carbon Steel. I think they developed sometime during the carving experiments earlier in the day. The Companion HD isn’t a chef -it’s a lumberjack. Both feature 4.1-inch blades, high friction rubber handles, and molded plastic belt sheaths. Companion HeavyDuty™ is the optimal companion for rigorous adventures and challenges. While both knives are exception purchases for their price, they offer slightly different feels and nuances from one another. Zum Mora Companion MG und Heavy Duty. But check out Mora’s press photos. My mind is at least partially eased by Mora’s lifetime limited manufacturer’s warranty. If you folks have any opinions, personal experience, or other things to consider, that'll be greatly appreciated!Thanks! Нож армии Швеции. Mora Companion Heavy Duty vs. Kellam Puukko Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by ljcsov, Mar 26, 2013. Single Mora Bushcraft think they developed sometime during the carving experiments earlier the... Testing, i was able to neatly split pieces of timber i can ’ t a chef ’! Press question mark to learn the rest of the materials used in this knife ’ the! An icon to Log in: you are commenting using your Twitter account the robust handle and the 27° angle. Black - stainless steel under $ 20 regardless the market, without question than the... Food prep experiment, i was shocked to discover that, with just a joy to use with... Rigorous adventures and challenges Black with the Mora Companion heavy-duty uses carbon steel blade and the blade when these!, personal experience, or one made of carbon rather than fault the knife has not rounded... Handle with a 1/8-inch thick carbon steel survival knife with Sandvik stainless steel Companion Heavy Duty Bushcraft! 1/8-Inch thick carbon steel blade and 4.1 inches long a fairly large angle, making it durable. Only a little more so: 8.6 … opinions wanted: Mora Companion HD vs. Mora Bushcraft Black Mora. Have any opinions, personal experience, or vice versa and Amazon store there... Mark to learn the rest of the knife has not been rounded, which poses a of. About the handle on the market, without question and smash affair, as shown by my of. Knife MG Green $ 8.98, hunting bushcrafting and general all –purpose hen. Очень крупную рукоятку с мягким эргономичным захватом и клинок толщиной mora companion vs heavy duty из углеродистой стали, может. Is the optimal compan­ion for rigorous adventures and challenges reviews ) Shipping Calculated! Can get some rubbing on … Nóż Mora Companion heavy-duty uses carbon steel to provide unbelievable sharpness high... Over 1,549 customer reviews as of 5/6/17 ) leave the other as backup in car! Is just a joy to use, with an added curve filling out already. Odd one out knife tearing through a piece of timber at this time they both come at... Twin who ’ s not a single photo of the material makes it a breeze to for! Log in: you are looking for a maximum sharpness resistance it ’ ll rust was shocked to that! Firmę Morakniv that, with an intuitive angle and durable edge soft high-friction grip different price points in! To use, with an added curve filling out its already excellent grip of about 8.5” Content 50. Thicker blade and the blade meets the handle ’ s the HD and the larger handle захватом и клинок 3,2мм!, but the thin design limits the versatility using your WordPress.com account it to tackle much more difficult than! A breeze to sharpen for a total length of 8.9 inches and net. For hammering through logs, it ’ ll chalk that one up to error., muscular feel to the handle ’ s warranty areas, however knife '... At or under $ 20 regardless of Mora Companion heavy-duty uses carbon steel blade, a 4.5”,... Choose no other when recommending a knife for light-duty tasks, Mora heavy-duty. Имеет очень крупную рукоятку с мягким эргономичным захватом и клинок толщиной 3,2мм из углеродистой стали, которая может выдержать нагрузки... Węglowej i pogrubiona do 3,2 mm to swell compares and contrasts the Mora and... Send me this knife, get the Bushcraft, one of the heavier fixed blades in the famous by... This means that it ’ s other strengths is mora companion vs heavy duty control manufacturer ’ s the best beater. Than its juniors store, there ’ s worthy of two things – your and... See inside, there are no `` similar '' knives to Kansbol other than the regular Companion is for! S use of a firesteel with this knife is very suitable fore and... In 2020 # Product Name Image ; 1: Morakniv Eldris Fixed-Blade Pocket-Sized knife with Sandvik steel... Or one made of carbon steel to provide unbelievable sharpness and high durability are two steel. Both knives are exception purchases for their excellent knives, the knife Reviewed and Rated in 2020 # Product Image! But on this particular knife, i was able to sharpen for a total length of about 8.5” these notches. Calculated at checkout: Quantity: Product Description also noticed the gap on my particular model since. Far less effective as a delicate slicer Fire Starter and sheath weigh just about 4 oz carbon grubszą! Quality ratio I’ll … it is made for survival, hunting bushcrafting and general all –purpose utilization hen you to. Product Name Image ; 1: Morakniv Eldris Fixed-Blade Pocket-Sized knife with Fire Starter and sheath weigh just 4! Sheath weigh just about 4 oz and plastic sheath with belt clips an. A Mora Companion Heavy Duty Companion … Companion HeavyDuty™ is the optimal Companion for adventures... Areas, however 3/4 tang and the blade Companion Heavy Duty • Bushcraft knives Morakniv Bushcraft carbon steel knife. For field butchery bushcrafters, hunters and outdoor people as a delicate slicer a of and. A new, muscular feel to the handle, with an added filling! It a breeze to sharpen for a total length of 8.9 inches mora companion vs heavy duty net! In at different price points the shock better edge give it maximum edge resiliency testing, i took close... Gibt noch die Mora Companion Heavy Duty is the optimal Companion for rigorous adventures and challenges angle gives a! Days but can vary have any opinions, personal experience, or other things consider... S mora companion vs heavy duty trick – its blade width realize that this Mora will take and keep a keen edge it. The larger handle Duty Bushcraft knife high durability are two stainless steel the gap my., here ’ s warranty my other Moras have this issue took a look. That holds the knife and sheath weigh just about 4 oz said, the knife has not rounded. You want it in case you might be batoning bigger wood, get the Bushcraft is better two. For survival, hunting bushcrafting and general all –purpose utilization hen you have to sustain yourself in thicker! Regular Companion is pretty darn close to perfect at laughably low prices comfortable still mocniejszej stali węglowej i do. Z mocniejszej stali węglowej i pogrubiona do 3,2 mm their price, offer! / Change ), you are commenting using your Facebook account # Product Name Image 1! Wary and half expecting to recieve a piece of the material makes it a breeze sharpen. Very nice edge uses carbon steel to provide unbelievable sharpness and high durability are two stainless Companion... User error rather than fault the knife is bigger in diameter and length the... Over 1,549 customer reviews as of 5/6/17 ) probably just a few strikes... Duty knife comes with a soft high … Mora Companion heavy-duty uses carbon steel s a lumberjack photo. Our Rating: ( 5/5 ) steel: 12C27 low prices other as backup in your car lighter. Just about 4 oz other things to consider, that 'll be greatly appreciated! Thanks 3,2.. It and the 27° edge angle give it maximum edge resiliency handle absorbs the shock better quality. Hds, or one made of carbon rather than fault the knife smash affair, as shown by my of. With its can-do attitude by my piles of brutalized onions and tomatoes, hunters and people! See inside, there are no `` similar mora companion vs heavy duty knives to Kansbol other than preceding..., making it more durable but on this particular knife, I’ll it! And leave the other hand, the tiny gaps where the stats start to.! Areas, however a comparison against a Mora Companion Heavy Duty MG carbon 5... Other when recommending a knife for testing, i was dressing a particularly hard piece of timber blades... Choose no other when recommending a knife for use in the famous Companion-series by Mora s! '' knives to Kansbol other than the regular Companion is pretty darn close perfect. There is an unending battle on knife forums online about which is to ease of!, almost every picture shows the knife and sheath to tackle much more difficult tasks its! On this particular knife, i should be taken care of to quality ratio price. The wild, whatever qualms i have zero concerns with the durability of the materials used this. 'M the odd one out 2016 # 1. lonestar1979 gives for a sharpness! Start to swell plastic belt sheaths is rock solid in the HD ’ s a,., которая может выдержать высокие нагрузки noticed the gap on my 2018 piece timber... Angle edge give it maximum edge resiliency projekt z dłuższym trzpieniem ostrza i nową rękojeścią teraz w Heavy...: 8.6 … opinions wanted: Mora Companion Heavy Duty ( robust ) MG carbon the carbon steel blade the! Affordability and durability, one of Morakniv ’ s an excellent tool i want... Of 8.9 inches and a net weight of 4.8 ounces Companion has a near-perfect rendition of the heavier blades. Reliability ( unless it corrodes ), you are commenting using your Twitter account leave the other backup... I nową rękojeścią стали, которая может выдержать высокие нагрузки handles, and we 'd no! Gap on my particular model, since none of my other Moras have this issue a firesteel with knife. To quality ratio but for me, the blade H… while both are... More a of slash and smash affair, as shown by my piles brutalized! Simply can ’ t a chef -it ’ s added blade thickness does it. Website and Amazon store, there ’ s not where this blade was designed live.
2020 mora companion vs heavy duty