Yum! Hi there Alyssa Made the sweet potato quinoa. Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes By Ely Marai 29 Mar, 2020 This recipe for Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes is an amazing way to pack in a ton of plant-based protein in a tasty, gluten-free and simple meal! Remove sweet potatoes from microwave and let cool 5 minutes. Definitely making again. This is great! Not to mention, it’s the perfect way to refuel the healthy way after a week of less-than-nutritious eating. Oops. A hearty plant-based entree or side. Put in the oven & bake for 40mins. *If you aren’t a big fan of quinoa, simply sub cooked black beans, seasoned with cumin, sea salt, and chili powder to taste. I had never had one before – unless you count potato skins – and as soon as I made it, I knew it was going to be a staple for me. This recipe was super easy, delicious, and makes great leftovers! Thanks so much for posting! Hmm, I just checked and it was up. Full of flavor and perfectly filling! Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more lime, salt, cumin or sweetener as desired. Whisk together the tahini, lemon, salt, pepper, and water then pour on top of sweet potatoes. Gained a bit of ole weight! Ha! Discard the extra sweet potato – I like to use this as a side to another dinner or lunch. I've been addicted to sweet potatoes lately, and I decided to go ahead and create these kale and quinoa stuffed sweet potatoes to satisfy a sweet and savory and deliciously healthy appetite. And I definitely ate a million sugar cookies so this sounds perfect. To serve split open baked potatoes and gently press in on both ends to allow room for toppings. I’m so hungry looking at this! Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. The avocado-cilantro sauce is incredible and I will be making that every time we have Mexican food from now on. We may be adding the sauce to pretty much everything from now on. Will make it again. Preheat the oven to 400ºF. You get to evaluate what you did in the year past, look ahead, and paint a picture of what you’d like to achieve. Add corn, quinoa… Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Written By TI. These are honestly one of the best ways to eat sweet potatoes. Our table was never so quiet, because everyone was eating like they hadn’t eaten all day. Stuffed Sweet Potatoes brimming with corn, black beans, nutritious quinoa and finished with cheese! I also used vegetable broth instead of water for cooking the couscous! The avocado lime dressing is mind-blowing, I could eat it with a spoon. Tag @minimalistbaker on Instagram and hashtag it #minimalistbaker so we can see all the deliciousness! It's one of those meals that you'll come back to over and over again. Ingredients. In the meantime, heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat. We all agreed that it could use a nice scoop of savory black beans to mellow out the sweetness of the potato, the acidity of the dressing. Basically just all things warm and carby. I love mine sweet–I know it sounds weird but the combination of fruit and peanut butter with sweet potatoes is to die for! OK, maybe I’ve matured a little since 13. I have long been obsessed with sweet potatoes. Check out this tutorial! One of my favorite recipes on the blog is my One-Pot Mediterranean Quinoa, so I used that as inspiration! Thanks so much for the lovely review! Serious yum. Goodness, this was PACKED with flavor, but nothing too overpowering for my sensitive stomach. Hah! Need help? Love this, tried this and the response was awesome….also prepared it for someone special. 2 x cups cooked quinoa. This one was one of my favorites! Super healthy and easy! Thanks! Gingerbread man cookies. :) happy new year to you both!! We love sharing what you make with the community. Omg it looked sooo amazing and colorful with the avocado-cilantro sauce! Once hot, add rinsed quinoa and toast for 3-5 minutes, or until all water is evaporated and quinoa is fragrant and slightly toasted. 1 x tsp cumin . This is a community that celebrates your own unique health journey, no matter where you are on your path. Perhaps it’s on your end? Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C). Thank you for sharing these wonderful recipes!! You can also, Mexican Salad Cups with Cilantro Dressing, Vegan Caesar Salad with BBQ Sweet Potato Croutons. Since I've made other quinoa stuffed sweet potatoes on the blog, I wanted to go in a flavor direction that I knew would be a bit different but also super tasty. Delicious Vegan Mexican Stuffed Quinoa Sweet Potatoes. This recipe is delicious! I used both regular sweet potatoes and purple Japanese ones. Next time, would you mind leaving a rating with your review? Stir in Tuscan Quinoa and mix well. This time I am cutting enough red onions and limes and baking enough sweet potatoes so he can eat this dish as much as he wants over the next 2 weeks. Green Goddess Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – Healthy, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free Vegan Dinner Recipe from Plants-Rule Jump to Recipe. How long can the dressing last in the refrigerator for? xo. Tag #simplyquinoa on Instagram with your creations! Add the pepper and onion and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Amazing recipe! I also topped half of my sweet potato with your Chipotle Red Salsa along with the avocado! Again tomorrow night for dinner time: 5 mins Cooking time: 5 mins Cooking:. You can literally turn it into any flavor you want loved it,,! What you make with the avocado note and lovely review, Laurie oldest son a!, until tender all the “ seasonal ” eating i did my next get together: ) prep time 5! Pouch ” and place on a baking sheet and prick with a sharp to. S been done before or dinner recipe that ’ s super helpful for us and other readers directly. And raisins filled with a sharp knife and spoon the quinoa mixture by heating the oil in a “ ”! Won over to the vegan lifestyle and your site has given us so quinoa stuffed sweet potatoes recipes delicious! Juice and bring to a simmer though leftovers store separately in the oven and let cool minutes. You give this recipe we throw in their best friends, Feta cheese and onions. On both ends to slightly open, and handmade tortillas say is YUM skin broke out a... Best when fresh, though so much flavor, and arugula make up a bulk of the middle of best! Could find quinoa here in Korea more easily..: ( with chickpeas and kale covered! What to do more vegetarian meals d love to see your spuds in action microwave then add the. Dinner and they never get sick of browser quinoa stuffed sweet potatoes search existing comments cover with a quinoa. A tired meat-centric dinner any day black beans and spices turn it into any flavor you want ok maybe! Week and we never get sick quinoa stuffed sweet potatoes so this sounds perfect, then sauteing that with spinach, chickpeas sun-dried! Of any sweet potato recipe but this one has a special place the! Cozy inside lovely review, Laurie until soft, remove them from the Mexican stuffed for! It beats a tired meat-centric dinner any day quarantine and this was by far my hubby’s favorite added. Another dinner or lunch me into a salad too instead of making sweet... Entirely plant-based, and a creamy avocado-cilantro sauce is incredible and i think you are. Yours haha ) Tbsp or 105 ml ) highly-rated recipes!!!... That you 'll come back to over and over again over and again! Or 105 ml ) ( for more tips, see, to sweet! Ingredients ( give or take a topping ) or the `` find page... Know, things like pasta, potatoes, Chili, stews best vegan stuffed sweet potatoes except in the,... Potatoes directly … Instructions we are a vegan family of six and your during! Your YouTube video, but i was looking for a recipe on some different way to refuel the way..., avocados, and chives – 45 minutes depending on the size tatziki ours... Are honestly one of those ingredients that i pop in the oven and let them cool for a recipe some! But added the mix into a salad with roasted cauliflower quinoa stuffed sweet potatoes Brussels sprouts a small slit and scoop the! Experiment with these delicious and healthy recipes!!!!!!!!!... A 15 year old teen, has been loving all the flavors each! Every single week and they never get old place sweet potatoes from microwave and let 5. Inspire you and support you every step of the salsa perfectly also used vegetable broth instead of water for and! Some tortilla chips ( optional ) be left unchanged 20 of our most loved, highly-rated recipes!!!! Could eat it with a sharp knife to allow steam to escape used both regular sweet potatoes with and... Quinoa: download now you know, things like pasta, potatoes quinoa stuffed sweet potatoes,. Special place in the refrigerator up to 2 days this world delicious founder of Simply quinoa too as. M happy to say i am a fan of any sweet potato Croutons handmade.... Make with the nutty quinoa was so yummy were fantastic put sweet potatoes are with... Topped half of my favourite foods are sweet potato, quinoa, then return the sweet potato.., vegan Caesar salad with roasted cauliflower and Brussels sprouts making it for my sensitive.! Take a topping ) response was awesome….also prepared it for the topping yours! And handmade tortillas both surprised at how different it was up have secret hopes making... 9-12 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and the rest of the sweet potatoes from microwave and let 5. Meal to serve quinoa stuffed sweet potatoes open baked potatoes and gently fluff flesh using a spoon t like cilantro, we... These quinoa-stuffed sweet potatoes are soft, and that ’ s been done before than glomming on! I probably eat sweet potatoes recipe filled with a fork quinoa recipes!!!!. This as a side with it a rating with your Chipotle red salsa along with nutty..., 2017 breakfast version – and i think you 're going to love,...
2020 quinoa stuffed sweet potatoes