40g of sweet potato powder has approximately the same nutritional value as 170g raw sweet potato, bar a little more protein on the raw sweet potato's part. Sweet potato/Yams - nuke until soft, slice in half long ways and soon out the flesh, add a drizzle of maple syrup and whip smooth with a hand mixer. The "average" sweet potato, I found by measuring is about 10 oz. Originally Posted by Easto. Show Printable Version; Email this Page… Subscribe to this Thread… Search Thread . These waffles make any "healthy" breakfast look inferior, especially when you realize they're made of bodybuilding staple foods you probably already have in your kitchen. Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last. lol. Nutritional value of sweet potato Sweet potatoes are a rich source of fibre as well as containing an array of vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, selenium, and they’re a good source of most of our B vitamins and vitamin C. Definition of penny wise and pound foolish. Just had the idea.. sweet potato by its self has me tired. Eat them with skin and all. Door deze website verder te gebruiken ga je akkoord met het gebruik van cookies. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. Bodybuilding.com℠ and BodySpace® are trademarks of Bodybuilding.com. ++++ A few years back, some nutrition enthusiasts decided to figure out whether white or sweet potatoes were “healthier”. We’ve been warning you for years, though, that white potatoes are extremely high on the glycemic index, which means they digest quickly and can send insulin levels skyrocketing. Sweet potatoes are good!! Then you need to put aluminum foil on a baking sheet and apply a zero calorie non-stick spray and then place your sweet potatoes fries onto the tray. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. sweet potato apple, banana mango, blueberry, peach, pear, etc. Site Areas; Settings; Private Messages; Subscriptions; Who's Online; Platinum Search! Sweet potatoes are a very good carb source. https://www.bodybuilding.com/recipes/sweet-potato-breakfast-boat West Indian sweet potato curry. I eat them nearly ever day simply because theyre so delicious. varieties of white) potato We're all gonna make it. Put the oil in a small pan or coat the pan with the cooking spray, turn stove to medium-high. Sweet potatoes is often consumed as a snack. Try it now! Iv noticed that a majority of users on here have Chicken, Sweet Potato and Veg quite often in their diet. Bodybuilding Recipes: How to make Oven CRISPY Sweet Potato Fries with a little SPICE!. dont u boil sweet potatoes, aint them the small white ones with the skin that taste amazing? This is my second channel, subscribe to fitness addict vlogs. Use a food processor or immersion blender to blitz the sweet potato into a smooth mash. Underground bodybuilding discussion forums. Discussion about steroids, weight training, dieting, and bodybuilding related matters. The only way to predict the future is to create it, I've tried microwaving sweet potatoes a few times. Though, I'm pretty sure they're similar enough to white potatoes that nutritionally it won't make much difference. Sweet Potato chips, wala. Sweet potatoes have been nasty to me since a kid. then put them on a baking sheet at 375 for about 20 minutes, now you have sweet potato chips. I always go with sweet potato, sometimes regular potatoes in my eggs in the morning? Home gym in wording.... Wallpulley nog niet in gebruik... Heb een verstelbare kettlebell en dumbels Powercage van powercage.nl Dus kan vooruit. The first time I put a paper towel around it and it burst into flames. Price per serving of sweet potato powder if you buy a 5kg bag = 42p. Peel the yams and cut them into large chunks. Brett shows you how to cook sweet potatoes FAST!! After "chef mike" is done, I always let the sweet potato set for at least 5 minutes before cutting it open. Community Veteran. I dont drink these days, I am allergic to alcohol and narcotics. Correct me if I'm wrong. Price per serving of raw sweet potato of equvalent nutritional value = 10.88p roughly. Advanced Search. Excerpt: I have been way too into regular baked pot. Always consult with a qualified healthcare professional prior to beginning any diet or exercise program or taking any dietary supplement. I usually eat chicken w potato for ... click the register link above to proceed. In this article I’ll discuss the health and bodybuilding benefits of sweet potatoes and compare them to regular potatoes and yams. Sweet potatoes are a tuber that are native to Central and South America but are used throughout the world today. Besides being a potent antioxidant, beta carotene is responsible for aiding growth and repair of the body’s tissues, which include muscle. Sweet potatoes are introduced in the later phases of these diets as an acceptable food because they are nutrient-rich. If your looking to get some more flavor you can use tin foil and wrap the potato up with a little olive oil and some fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary. VintageGenetics 17,681 views. Place the in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to a boil, and cook until soft, 15 to 20 min. Going to try that tommorow! These rosemary roasted sweet potatoes are a sure-fire crowd pleaser and will work great with just about any protein source you choose. Was gna start my own thread but since its relevant here.. Any nutritional reason(s) the bros pick sweet potato over regular potato? I searched the net and seen that 1 cup ranges from 140-206 calories, 32-49 grams of carbs, 2-3 grams of protein, and .2-.4 grams of fat. BULK POWDERS® is the UK's first stockist of 100% pure Sweet Potato Powder. Easy . Rosemary Parmesan Roasted Sweet Potatoes. © 2020 Bodybuilding.com. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ2bc2L5-T34u2_83HmQrLQ Worldwide shipping Fitness Addict … - Steroidology I dont just want to make them just any way and stay not liking them. View Recipe Here How many times each day you eat sweet potato in your bodybuilding diet depends on a number of factors. see constantly sweet potato in 'bodybuilding' diets along with the usual oats, eggs, chicken, broccoli etc but rarely just normal (normal i.e. This carbohydrate is ideal for bodybuilding as part of a weight gain or post-workout recovery drink. Bodybuilding.nl @2020 Aanbevolen Boeken Deze website maakt gebruik van cookies die het het mogelijk maken om gepersonaliseerde inhoud te tonen gericht op jouw wensen. Potatoes are a good source of potassium and can be a healthy addition to bodybuilders’ diets. Sweet potatoes, on the other hand, can (and should) be eaten at any meal. The second time I I tried to nuke it just on a plate and the same thing happened. Rub seasoning on the sweet potatoes. Female Bodybuilding » Sweet Potato; Results 1 to 25 of 25 Thread: Sweet Potato. © 2020 Bodybuilding.com. Sweet potatoes are an awesome carb! They're one of my favorite foods, and I don't eat them with anything at all. Blend until a thick batter is formed. Add the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Eating potatoes after a workout can improve muscle recovery. It helps boost your immune system, stimulates digestion, and provides anti-inflammatory support. The rosemary also has added health benefits. Sweet potatoes are beneficial for just about anyone, but especially if you’re working to build muscle and maintain intense workout habits. sprinkle Equal , cinnamon powder over them to taste. Cut into wedges, brush with a little oil, sprinkle with cinnamon and Splenda, bake... sweet sweet potato fries! I break out in handcuffs. That may spell post-workout glory, but when you’re having a late-night steak… so how bout a nice amount of the sweet potato and the sugar relased with lots of ice and a sccop of whey? Sweet potatoes are introduced in the later phases of these diets as an acceptable food because they are nutrient-rich. I am assuming the sweet pots are higher GI. Botanically, the sweet potato belongs to the bindweed or morning glory family, whereas the white potato sits in the nightshade family. 8 minutes? To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. yes i love sweet potatoes i make them in fries as it was said above i also bake them and another method you guys could try is grilling them for 15 min then putting them in the oven for another 30 they come otu nice 06-26-2006, 08:36 PM #8. Sweet Potato What do you do to yours? View Profile View Forum Posts Common sense/moderation. My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441. … How many times each day you eat sweet potato in your bodybuilding diet depends on a number of factors. Gluten-free . Only this time the potato itself ignited. Holy Shit are these good! What do you prefer.. . Bodybuilder's Bacon and Sweet Potato Waffles Occasionally, a recipe comes knocking on your door that makes the typical oatmeal-and-eggs breakfast look like a pile of baby vomit. sweet potato - Search Results - Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. is equal to one cup. Do you guys have any recipes/ideas for how else I can make them. cut hem up like potato chips put it in a ziploc bag and add a tbsp olive oil and shake. 11-22-2016, 05:41 AM #12. gbullock32. Does anybody eat sweet potatoes? Sweet potatoes have 10 grams of carbohydrates for every 1/4 cup. Spread evenly. I put it into my proatmeal pre-workout. Diet & Bodybuilding; sweet potatos vs regular potatos; If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. i havnt eaten them in a long time and i know that they are very beneficial to us body builders, so i want to give them another try. Sweet potatoes have been nasty to me since a kid. 7. 5777 N Meeker Ave, Boise, ID 83713-1520 USA, Powerlifting Workouts - Training Journals, Post Your Pictures and Introduce Yourself. Baking depends on the size of the sweet potatoes; it may take up to 40 minutes. Potatoes are a good source of potassium and can be a healthy addition to bodybuilders’ diets. Sweet Potatoes Are B-6 Brain Boosters. … Sweet potatoes rank significantly lower than white potatoes in the glycemic index, which explains why both carb-counting diets encourage substituting yams for Idaho potatoes. So I'm on my first bulk, and in about an hour I'm going to start dinner. if too dry, sprinkle water over chips when turning consistency is almost exactly like potato chips. Latest Member: Sam1 Latest Post: "Re: Brian Shaw Classic (..." ( Today at 05:13:49 AM ) View the most recent posts on the forum. CATRACCOM. Sweet Potatoes and Wholegrain pasta because they are a little trickier to weigh. within the Diet & Bodybuilding category. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ and read the forum rules by clicking the bolded link to the left. I cook alot of Spanish (Puerto Rican food) which plantains are a big part of, especially when I'm carbing up,less sugar than regular bananas! 1 sweet potato 1 tbsp. Alongside rice, potatoes, oats and pasta, sweet potatoes are a top source of carbohydrate, meaning they're a good source of … Delicious. The most popular bodybuilding message boards! bananas or plantains? 8:42. They can be easily found both in traditional market or modern market. You either are eating the biggest sweet potatoes ever, or you have a weak-ass microwave. https://www.bodybuilding.com/recipes/sweet-potato-burrito-bowls May 29, 2018 at 3:38 am . Nothing goes better with steak than a baked potato. or just taste/satisfy sweeth cravings? Their claim to fame (as one of the healthiest foods on the planet) is their beta-carotene content. https://www.bodybuilding.com/recipes/bacon-n-cheese-sweet-potato (cutting? Your carbohydrate intake will vary depending on your body weight and goals. Bodybuilding requires both appropriate exercise and proper nutrition, and taking good care of your body through nutrient-rich foods can go far. Try Out *THIS* Sweet Potato for Bodybuilding - Duration: 8:42. All rights reserved. Your nutrition and workout program determines your success. They pack a lot of calories into a small package, were a staple of the old-school crowd, and have helped thousands of … Arrange them on a baking tray and bake until tender. I don't know what's weirder: that you do that, or that I'm intrigued. cheese on em and they are fantastic. Better micros for the most part, generally seen as 'healthier', taste preference, and I think (might be wrong) lower GI (not that it's really relevant). I've recently been trying to eat really clean and have been eating sweet potatoes 3 days a week. I dont just want to make them just any way and stay not liking them. The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. Bodybuilding.com℠ and BodySpace® are trademarks of Bodybuilding.com. so I recently bought some sweet ones. Sweet potatoes or Idaho potatoes? Remove from the heat, drain, add sugar and cinnamon, and whip with a handheld mixer until fluffy. sweet potato is a staple of bodybuilding. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. Oatmeal and Sweet Potatoes....get some imagination will ya'. Social media, trendiness factor plays in. - Duration: 3:36. - take out the maple is you're going really strict. Sweet potatoes are a typical bodybuilding food and are commonplace in sample diets in bodybuilding magazines. oil (any healthy oil will do) or Olive Oil Cooking Spray Shred the sweet potato with a cheese grater. Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Basics of the Sweet Potato. https://www.bodybuilding.com/recipes/creamy-mashed-sweet-potato I have over 80 sweet potato recipes on the site (but I’ve also been known to use sweet potatoes in place of regular potatoes or butternut squash ). Just wash them, poke holes, wrap in a paper towel and toss in the microwave for 8 minutes. I've gotten used to eating them but still don't love them. In what ways can I cook my sweet potatoes? potato. Be the first to receive exciting news, features, and special offers from Bodybuilding.com! 8 minutes is all it takes. I eat baby food every day. what kind of metallic paper towels are you using?!? Please join this discussion about potato within the Diet & Bodybuilding category . Spray some olive oil on them. I've tried microwaving sweet potatoes a few times. Even though several nutrition in sweet potatoes are good for our body, we have to be aware of the risk for our health that might come after we consume sweet potato. Easy Meal Prep! Hi. Commenced January 19th, 2015 @ 211 lbs. Prepare this vegetarian curry in just 15 minutes. I get asked at the gym all the time by bird chested kids what protein powder I use. Form into thin patties of whatever size you choose. Scrape the sides of your food processor a few times to ensure it's well-combined. Sweet Potatoes Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Sweet potato is notably higher in potassium. :ohyeah: The best way to monitor nutritional values is to use a kitchen scale and measure. I typically do about 4 minutes. Cutting. The most popular bodybuilding message boards! Here’s how these tubers compare — and why both deserve a place in your diet. so if any of you out there are not the biggest fan of sweet potatoes but have a recipe that they happen to like please share. … Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them length wise. A lot of us. You know it, we know it. - Bill Pearl. . You may have to register before you can post: click the register link on the left to proceed. Goal: 168 lbs. The first time I put a paper towel around it and, "Don't ask for a lighter load, ask for a stronger back. Does anyone know the ACCURATE nutritional value of 1 cup of Sweet Potato?
2020 sweet potato bodybuilding forum