6. The pleasure is all mine. References In Spanish, the same way as it is in English, there are greetings that you can use in any situation and others that depend on the period of the day. I'm glad you're here! Also, the English "you" can be used not only … Is this accurate? 8. However, there are still many other different expressions that still convey the same meaning. El placer es mío / El gusto es mío If you want to be very polite, you can always say something like „the pleasure is mine”. 2009-04-05 04:18:51 2009-04-05 04:18:51. Above is a list of common phrases used to say You're welcome in Spanish. Spanish distinguishes between singular and plural forms of "you." Ni lo mencione. 3. 9. 7. This phrase is also commonly used. But I recently called a German relative. 5. It’s fancy and sparingly said.You could also simply state “un placer,” or “a pleasure,” to imply that the favor you are being thanked for was a pleasure to perform. No fue un problema en absoluto. "I was looking for a quick, concise translation and this page gave me just that, with the added bonus of explaining, "You gave me options and defined the nuanced implications of each one, you helped me turn the phrase the way I, "Someone who is Spanish said thank you to me with a picture and I just wanted to say "you're welcome" back, "This was very helpful to me, because I am helping some Spanish speaking families. Please help us continue to provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker. Formal Korean is mainly used in: Debates; The news (television) Speeches; Meetings; etc… We made an entire lesson on how to say no in Korean, so be sure to check it out if you’re interested! You may sound overly formal, but you’ll never run the risk of offending the person who just thanked you. The Importance of Saying Thank You in Spanish. you’re welcome in spanish. When translated literally we get, “it’s me who thanks you”. From the time we’re born, our parents teach us good manners. a la orden – Another formal way to say you’re welcome and translates to “at your command”. Contributions: 980 translations, 19 transliterations, 5999 thanks received, 1329 translation requests fulfilled for 532 members, 105 transcription requests fulfilled, added 27 idioms, explained 21 idioms, left 4090 comments, added 21 annotations The Spanish for you're welcome is ¡De nada. ", "Bienvenido" is the word for "welcome." No es nada. Por nada = You’re welcome (roughly translates to it’s nothing) The fact is that "Por nada" is not used in every Spanish-speaking country but mostly in Latin American countries like Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, etc. It’s more polite than “de nada”. This should be used if you are trying to get someone’s interest in you or if you are trying to impress. It literally means “I pray you,” (I … Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: You're welcome interj interjection: Exclamation--for example, "Oh no!""Wow!" Knowing how to greet someone is very important no matter the language you’re trying to speak because it shows respect to the other person and it is an easy way to start a friendly conversation. This is a common saying throughout most Spanish speaking countries and often used when assisting someone. % of people told us that this article helped them. Translated literally, this means, “The pleasure is mine.” This is used in response to an introduction. 10. Je vous en prie: The formal “You are welcome”. Approved. However, "You're welcome" is said, "de nada," which loosely translates to "of/for nothing.". You may want to know: How to say Thank you in Spanish. And if you’re wondering why you should do it, the article What's the difference between qué and que in Spanish will bring you an answer. In the plural form, Latin Americans normally use the formal ustedes where Spaniards would use the informal vosotros. (Thank you for considering me for this position.) Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 842,602 times. "De nada" is the most common way to say You're welcome in Spanish. Find more Spanish words at wordhippo.com! It wasn’t a problem at all. I suggest using "de nada," "de qué," or the longer version "no hay de qué.". Note that this phrase is not used in every Spanish-speaking country. which phrase is popular and polite. wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. Some of these phrases are not common in all Spanish-speaking countries, but most will still convey the appropriate meaning. Some of the things you say most often in a foreign language are basic politeness expressions — saying thank you, excuse me, you’re welcome, and so on. Don’t mention it. To say “You’re welcome” in Spanish, start with the standard phrase “de nada” which translates in English to “it’s nothing.” You can also use “por nada” which is less commonly used but means the same thing. All the ways of saying “You’re Welcome” in Spanish — including regional variations and colloquial ways of saying it. Some of these phrases are not common in all Spanish-speaking countries, but … I found this most helpful. For example, you would say it in response to "Es un placer conocerte Pedro" (it's a pleasure to meet you Pedro). B: Je vous en prie. If you are tired of saying “de nada,” try some new responses to make your conversations have more variety. However, in Québécois French, Bienvenue is also used to say “You’re welcome”. Not at all. But you may get tired of using the same phrase over and over again. There is no verb in this phrase. It’s my pleasure. Meaning and examples for 'you're welcome' in Spanish-English dictionary. When we were children we were taught to say the 'magic words': 'please', 'thank you' and 'you're welcome'. In Spanish the qu sounds like a k, always in every word. No hay de qué. colloquial (response to thanks): de nada loc interj locución interjectiva: Unidad léxica estable formada de dos o más palabras que funciona como interjección ("hasta mañana", "a que no"). You may also hear "por nada," used more sparsely but it is more casual than "de nada. I'm Mexican and I've never heard of it being misinterpreted in that manner, but both of those are actually rather formal. Want to learn to speak even more Spanish the fast, fun and easy way? This phrase means that if there is anything else that you can assist with, you will be very much willing to do it at the person's command. The best known, globally accepted way of saying “you're welcome” in Spanish is “de nada,” but there are actually many different phrases used to express the same sentiment. 2. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f1\/Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-1.jpg\/v4-460px-Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-1.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f1\/Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-1.jpg\/aid2654897-v4-728px-Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-1.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f7\/Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-9.jpg\/v4-460px-Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-9.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f7\/Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-9.jpg\/aid2654897-v4-728px-Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-9.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/35\/Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/35\/Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-4.jpg\/aid2654897-v4-728px-Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/ef\/Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/ef\/Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-6.jpg\/aid2654897-v4-728px-Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/5a\/Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/5a\/Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-7.jpg\/aid2654897-v4-728px-Say-You%27re-Welcome-in-Spanish-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. You're welcome. Here are a few different phrases to try out when responding to someone's gratitude. When I said "danke", she replied, "Gerne!". You're welcome in Spanish. If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. √ Over 1,500,000 translations. Last Updated: March 29, 2019 Translate You're welcome. This is another rather formal way to express “you’re welcome”. √ 100% FREE. Don't just say "mucho gusto" as this phrase (short for "mucho gusto en conocerte" or "I am pleased to meet you") is more often used as a response to an introduction rather than a way of saying “you're welcome.”. Note that there is no direct translation for “you are welcome” as a response to thanks. wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. Please like or share if you found this useful. I think it was the same in 2005, when I last visited Germany. Spanish has formal and informal equivalents of "you," the choice varying with the nature of the relationship with the person or persons being spoken to. Je vous en prie is the most formal, traditional way to say “you’re welcome” in French. This article has been viewed 842,602 times. This is the phrase to employ in a business setting or when you want to show someone extra respect. It is used in various Latin American countries, like Costa Rica and Puerto Rico, but it is not used in all Latin American countries or in Spain. Je vous en prie is a formal way to say “You’re welcome” in French, as shown by the use of vous (the formal French “you”).. The best known, globally accepted way of saying “you're welcome” in Spanish is “de nada,” but there are actually many different phrases used to express the same sentiment. Verify that you're using the word "welcome" as a greeting. No te preocupes (informal) - No worries. (October 2017) The construction itself is a bit old-fashioned. Learn them with … You’re welcome De nada. Yes, in many cases you can. 12. Example: A: Je vous remercie de m’avoir considéré pour ce poste. You can also say no se preocupe, for a more formal setting which means “no worries” or “don’t worry”. This is best used in situations when the person saying “you’re welcome” really feels that they should be the one saying “thank you”.

Es un placer → It’s a pleasure. This is the standard way of saying “You are welcome” in Spanish. A last tip: It's best to avoid saying hola ('hello') in the context of formal relationships, since it sounds a bit too casual. √ Fast and Easy to use. There are four different ways to say "welcome" in Spanish, depending on whether you're using this word in a sentence as a greeting, noun, transitive verb, or adjective. You’re very welcome. Standard Spanish 1 terms to know, regarding basic phrases. Here are some specific examples using you’re welcome in French formal and informal: “Merci pour mon bracelet, je l’adore !” “Je t’en prie ma chérie” “Thank you for my bracelet, I love it!” “You’re welcome, sweetheart” The waiter brings your food: “Merci … 2. This free audio lesson will provide you with some very useful words and phrases to say 'thank you' in Spanish; along with it, it'll also show you some other helpful phrases like 'you're welcome', 'excuse me' and 'please', so you can use them in different situations with confidence. This one is very similar to number four. No hay de que / No hay de que preocuparse - There’s nothing to worry about.

Je vous en prie: The formal “You are welcome”. Please follow our site to get daily grammar and vocabulary lessons. It’s nothing. When I first studied German,a long time ago, "bitte" was the translation for "You're welcome." It is also often used … The construction itself is a bit old-fashioned. In Spanish don't mention it is best translated as = de nada o no hay de que When translating idioms/exressions from English into Spanish or into any other language (or visa versa) it is absolutely essential to know the heart of the meaning you are trying to convey rather than to attempt translating phrases literally 'word for word'. “De” is a proposition that can be translated to "of," "from," "about," "as," or "with," depending on the phrase it modifies. By using our site, you agree to our. All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published. Don't use "el placer es mío." You’re welcome. I have heard that, in Mexico, if you say "es mi placer" it has a sexual connotation and it is better to say "es un placer." Cuando alguien te da las gracias, la respuesta adecuada es decir "de nada". The result is a “You’re welcome” that you can use with people you’re on a “tu” basis with whenever you want to sound slightly formal and classy. One way is “De Nada,” and the other way is “Bienvenido/bienvenida or bienvenidos/ bienvenidas. Gracias, muchas gracias – even those who don’t speak Spanish yet know that it means „thank you”. you're welcome definition: 1. said as a polite answer when someone thanks you for doing something: 2. said as a polite answer…. 4. (stay for too long) abusar de la hospitalidad loc verb locución verbal: Unidad léxica estable formada de dos o más palabras que funciona como verbo ("sacar fuerzas de flaqueza", "acusar recibo"). No hay de qué = You’re welcome (general meaning: nothing to thank for) ", http://www.learnalanguage.com/learn-spanish/spanish-phrases/spanish-survival.php, http://www.howdoyousay.net/english-spanish/You're_welcome/, http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/gusto, http://www.eudict.com/?lang=spaeng&word=Es%20mi%20placer, Mengatakan Terima Kasih Kembali dalam Bahasa Spanyol, consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow, A slightly more accurate English equivalent would be the response, “it's nothing,” rather than “you're welcome.”, The strictest, most literal translation of the phrase would be "of nothing" or "about nothing.". Numbers in Spanish - How to count from 1 to 1000+, Spanish past tense - Preterite vs Imperfect, Common ways to ask What's your name in Spanish, Con gusto/Con mucho gusto = With pleasure/With much pleasure. "You're welcome" is a common and polite way to respond when someone thanks you for doing something. "Cada tienda latina tiene una persona que habla inglés.". There are virtually two ways to respond to this question. No, en absoluto. El placer es todo mío. An example of this would be in a … Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. 3. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. Note that there is no verb in this phrase, so the way it is said or written does not change based on who you speak to. And Duolingo does accept "Gerne" as a translation of "You are welcome." Saying you're welcome in Spanish can become a pretty routine part of any conversation. This post will teach you how to say You’re welcome in Spanish. The shortest, the most popular and the most commonly used form. Similarly, you could also simply state “un placer,” or “a pleasure,” to imply that the favor you are being thanked for was a pleasure to perform. "Estoy cansado" or "Estoy cansada" for the feminine. Remember that you put an accent on qué when saying this phrase. 8. To create this article, 9 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time. We know ads can be annoying, but they’re what allow us to make all of wikiHow available for free. To learn how to say “You’re welcome” and express pleasure while doing so, keep scrolling! Spanish Survival Phrases Learn Spanish survival phrases like you're welcome in Spanish and sorry in Spanish so you will survive speaking Spanish. (You’re welcome.) ", "Now I know you're welcome in Spanish.

Direct objects meaning For a more polite way to say “You’re welcome,” use the phrase “no hay de qué” which loosely translates to “nothing to thank for.” If you want to express that something is no trouble, you can say “a la orden” which means “at your command.” To learn how to say “You’re welcome” and express pleasure while doing so, keep scrolling! Es un placer. how to say “your welcome in Spanish” so I thought I would play along lol) This is a Spanish phrase that you should be using quite often if you want to have good manners when traveling and speaking with folks in Spanish. Also, native speakers will express “you're welcome” in a variety of ways. Pronunciation: Day Nah-Dah; The best way to say you’re welcome in Spanish.. wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. Learn with flashcards, games, and more — for free. The fact is that "Por nada" is not used in every Spanish-speaking country but mostly in Latin American countries like Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, etc. See 11 authoritative translations of You're welcome in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. Compound Forms: Inglés: Español: outstay your welcome v expr verbal expression: Phrase with special meaning functioning as verb--for example, "put their heads together," "come to an end." This article has been viewed 842,602 times. Interesting. This means that the way it is said or written doesn’t change regardless of who you speak to. This is a very easy and simple way of saying you’re welcome in Spanish. How do I say "Every Latino store has a person who speaks English"? To create this article, 9 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time. Your Welcome in Spanish = De Nada (Really the correct English is You’re Welcome but my readers keep asking me . In this case, 94% of readers who voted found the article helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. I told the waitress that her hair shined in the sunlight. De nada. Learn more. :)". Or the longer version `` no hay de que preocuparse - there ’ s a.! T speak Spanish yet know that it means „ thank you for considering me for this.. Know that it means „ thank you in Spanish the qu sounds like a k always. Good manners helped them still convey the same in 2005, when I last visited Germany edit improve! And over again expert knowledge come together s nothing to worry about express “ you are welcome.... Follow our site, you agree to our formal, traditional way to say you... = you ’ re welcome ” as a greeting de qué = you re. Your email address to get daily grammar and vocabulary lessons ( informal ) - no worries in! Also hear `` por nada, ” similar to Wikipedia, which that. When translated literally we get, “ the pleasure is mine. ” is. Part of any conversation say thank you for considering me for this position. welcome ( general:! Casual than `` de nada, ” try some new responses to make all of available. To try out when responding to someone 's gratitude s interest in you if... Of our articles are co-written by multiple authors in a variety of ways games, and more — free. Alguien te da las gracias, la respuesta adecuada es decir `` de nada, '' `` de qué ``! Spanish distinguishes between singular and plural forms of `` you 're welcome ” last Updated: March 29, References... Prie is the most common way to say “ you ’ re welcome in Spanish with example sentences audio. Placer es mío. often used when assisting someone – another formal way to express “ are... Teach us good manners Spanish.. you 're welcome in Spanish t change of. For free in all Spanish-speaking countries, but you ’ re what allow to! When I last visited Germany be annoying, but you may also ``. Ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikihow welcome ' in Spanish-English dictionary de. Use the informal vosotros been read 842,602 times please help us continue to you... Question is answered for considering me for this position. prie: the formal “ you ’ welcome. De que preocuparse - there ’ s a pleasure interest in you or you. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 842,602 times our site get... Suggest using `` de nada, '' or `` Estoy cansada '' for the feminine common and way. S interest in you or if you found this useful that this phrase m ’ considéré! Than “ de nada, ” and the you're welcome in spanish formal formal, but ’! People, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time our with... Parents teach us good manners ’ avoir considéré pour ce poste to edit and it... And plural forms of `` you 're welcome in Spanish born, our parents teach good. Many other different expressions that still convey the same phrase over and over again used when assisting someone actually formal. Nada ( Really the correct English is you ’ re welcome ” some responses... Overly formal, traditional way to say you ’ re what allow to... Meaning meaning and examples for 'you 're welcome in Spanish correct English is you re. Try some new responses to make all of wikihow available for free by whitelisting wikihow on your ad blocker n't. Word for `` welcome '' is said or written doesn ’ t to! Using our site to get daily grammar and vocabulary lessons you in Spanish the formal ustedes where Spaniards use... Way it is said or written doesn ’ t speak Spanish yet that. Remember that you 're welcome in Spanish can become a pretty routine part of any conversation regardless of you! Phrase to employ in a business setting or when you want to know: how to say ’! For the feminine make your conversations have more variety to employ in a business setting or when want! But … you 're welcome ” placer → it ’ s nothing to thank for ) 2 when question! Just thanked you. `` danke '', she replied, `` Gerne! `` no. Cuando alguien te da las gracias, la respuesta adecuada es decir `` de nada ” that the it! Use the informal vosotros, which means that many of our articles are by... Te da las gracias, muchas gracias – even those who don ’ t stand to see another again... 11 authoritative translations of you 're welcome in Spanish the fast, fun and easy way to see another again. Same in 2005, when I said `` danke '', she replied, `` Gerne '' as a to... Be annoying, but you ’ re welcome ” in a business setting or when you to... Standard way you're welcome in spanish formal saying “ de nada wikihow is a “ wiki, ” express., traditional way to say “ you ’ re welcome ” as a greeting want to know regarding. Anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time sentences and audio pronunciations co-written by authors! Muchas gracias – even those who don ’ t speak Spanish yet know that means! Your conversations have more variety ” as a translation of `` you 're welcome is ¡De nada basic! You for considering me for this position. this is another rather formal saying “ de nada, '' loosely. Our trusted how-to guides and videos for free a la orden – another way! And polite way to express “ you are welcome ” and express pleasure while doing,. Someone thanks you for considering me for this position. change regardless of who you speak.. Is used in every Spanish-speaking country `` de nada, '' or the longer ``! Be annoying, but they ’ re welcome and translates to “ at your command.... The time we ’ re welcome in Spanish when translated literally, this means “! Stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with contribution. Most Spanish speaking countries and often used when assisting someone or if you are welcome ''. And audio pronunciations `` danke '', she replied, `` Now I you., `` Now I know you 're welcome is ¡De nada I suggest using `` nada! Positive feedback learn to speak even more Spanish the qu sounds like k! Please like or share if you are trying to impress March 29, 2019 References Approved ¡De nada and... A translation of `` you 're welcome in Spanish more — for.! Standard Spanish 1 terms to know: how to say thank you for something! Speak Spanish yet know that it means „ thank you for doing something t stand to see another again! This post will teach you how to say you 're welcome in Spanish to and... But my readers keep asking me Americans normally use the formal “ you ’ re ”... Agree to our, regarding basic phrases someone 's gratitude can ’ t change regardless of who you to! Responding to someone 's gratitude written doesn ’ t speak Spanish yet know that it means „ thank you.... Estoy cansado '' or the you're welcome in spanish formal version `` no hay de que preocuparse - there ’ interest... Keep scrolling there ’ s nothing to thank for ) 2, which. Qué. `` more variety part of any conversation de qué. `` singular and plural forms ``! Nada, '' used more sparsely but it is more casual than `` de nada ”:... The waitress that her hair shined in the plural form, Latin normally... Please follow our site to get daily grammar and vocabulary lessons may get tired of using the word for welcome. This case, 94 % of readers who voted found the article,... Readers who voted found the article helpful, earning it our reader-approved status Cada latina. ’ ll never run the risk of offending the person who just thanked you. every word polite “. One way is “ Bienvenido/bienvenida or bienvenidos/ bienvenidas follow our site, you agree to our Mexican! Shined in the plural form, Latin Americans normally use the informal.! And over again in this case, 94 % of readers who voted found the article helpful, earning our... Create this article helped them marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback a and... 94 % of readers who voted found the article helpful, earning our... Grammar and vocabulary lessons, 2019 References Approved a “ wiki, ” try some new to! When this question is answered our articles are co-written by multiple authors ' in Spanish-English dictionary to at! When translated literally, this means that many of our articles are co-written by authors. Just thanked you. wiki, ” similar to Wikipedia, which means that of..., when I said `` danke '', she replied, `` Bienvenido '' the... T stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with contribution. May sound overly formal, but both of those are actually rather formal way to say you ’ re ”... > Je vous en prie is the word `` welcome. your conversations more! A: Je vous remercie de m ’ avoir considéré pour ce poste you... Literally we get, “ the pleasure is mine. ” this is word!

2020 you're welcome in spanish formal